CHAPTER 25

"Hahaha funny joke Alexander." I forcedly pushed him away then acted dumb.

"You really got massive sense of humor." I laughed fakely.

"Agapé I'm not-"

"Not in the mood to stay moody? Of course! I mean who wants a leader that is always grumpy hmm?" I cut him off, smiled and pinched his cheeks.

He looked at me sharply and held my hand, "Margaux-"

No, no, no, no, no, uh-

"The letter!" I cut him off. Earth please swallow me up whole.

"The letter? What letter?" Alex let go of my hand to my relief. Alexander defeatedly looked at me in awe while I smile widely at him.

"The letters Parysatis gave you. Can i please.. 'see' them?" I asked. Alexander gave me a judgeful eye and crossed his arms.

"How did you know about that? And what makes you think I'll give them to you?" He raised his brows. Mamma Mia ouch!

I gulped in response as i think of an excuse. "W-well.."

"Well what?" Alex repeated, urging me to continue.

Yep I'm dead. One hundred percent.

I looked around, to give me time to think.

"Well I'm having a suspicion about you and Parysatis's relationship. I shared it with Heph and he confirmed some things.." I whispered. Alex raised his head up.

Draco help!

I'm sorry mademoiselle but I'm afraid that i can't be much of help today.

I sighed and looked at him. He is rubbing his chin as he examines my face. I gulped in response.

"Hmm, Hephaestion seriously?" He scoffed amd laughed. "Very well I'll give them to you." Alex shrugged and went to the wide table at the corner of the room.

That was unbelievably easy..

Me and Draco said at the same time.

I'm screwed right? I asked Draco.

Draco snorted. I'll get there as fast as i can. I sighed in relief after hearing that.

Okay but make it quick. I feel like I'll die any second from now.

Sure okay.

I bit my lip and looked at Alex who is carefully taking off stuff from under the table and then putting them to the side. After a minute or so Alex pulled out a wrinkled and not so clean box. He opened it and letters popped out. He took all of them then went next to the other table where he took atleast three more letters.

"Here," Alex raised the pile of letters and walked towards me. He extended it to me, I attempted to take the letters but he swiped it away.

"H-hey." I mumbled and pulled away my hands. Gosh i looked desperate.

"You can have these since i don't care much about them. I just keep them in case i would need it someday for political reasons." He said slowly.

I looked up at him and studied his face.

"I'm not giving these for free though." He continued making me frown. Fudge! My world started to collapse as i heard that sentence.

"I'm not forcing you to anything big Margaux since this is just a small price to offer but all i ask in return is for a simple date between you and me. It's not that big of a deal isn't it? It's been so long to and your too focused on Heph. I'm not against it but please give us the same chance. Just to be fair." He smiled genuinely and gave me the letters.