6.Apart

If you pledge to linger, I vow eternal stay,

In the tapestry of time, our love shall sway.

In the tender moments of their reunion, Aru's melodious voice beckoned to Will like a celestial melody, drawing him into her embrace with an irresistible allure. "Aru," he murmured, enfolding her in a tight embrace, his heart awash with a cascade of emotions that only she could stir.

"Why the delay today, Aru?" Will playfully mused, his eyes aglow with affection.

"Does my Will harbor discontent?" Aru's voice, suffused with innocence, tugged at his heartstrings, her gaze a reflection of genuine concern.

"Forgive me, Will. I tarried a tad longer at my studies," she explained, her delicate fingers intertwining with his, a gesture of solace and reassurance. Will's countenance softened at her touch, his cares dissolving in her presence.

"Aru, I have something to share," Will declared, his voice brimming with anticipation as he took a step forward. But before he could proceed, the resonant call of his father shattered the tranquility of the moment.

"WILL!" echoed the voice of a middle-aged man, summoning Will back to reality.

"Dad," Will responded, torn between his father's arrival and the cherished moments he yearned to share with Aru.

"Will, prepare yourself. We depart from New York come morrow," his father's words landed heavily, sending ripples of disquiet through Will's being.

"But for what reason, Father? You had not apprised me earlier," Will protested, his frustration bubbling to the surface.

"Forgive me, Will. Urgency precluded my informing you. Your grandmother is unwell and desires your presence. Your mother awaits us there. I have come to fetch you," his father explained, a hint of remorse tingling his voice.

"Yet, Father," Will began, only to be silenced by his father's resolute demeanor.

"No debate, Will. We depart from New York at dawn," his father declared, leaving no room for further discussion as he turned to depart.

"Will," Aru's gentle voice broke through the haze of Will's thoughts, her unwavering presence a beacon of solace amidst the tumult.

"Aru," Will turned to her, drawing her into another embrace, seeking refuge in her warmth.

"Fear not, Will. Your grandmother shall mend," Aru's words were a soothing balm to Will's troubled soul, her touch anchoring him in the present moment.

"Come, Aru, let us proceed," Will said, his voice infused with determination as he led her to his chamber, a glimmer of resolve igniting in his eyes.

"Aru, remain here. I shall return momentarily," Will instructed, urgency propelling him as he retrieved a wooden casket from his dresser.

"What lies within, Will?" Aru's curiosity sparked, her eyes alight with anticipation.

"Close your eyes, Aru," Will's voice was gentle yet commanding, and Aru acquiesced without hesitation, her trust in him unwavering.

"Hmm?" Aru's bewilderment was palpable, yet she complied, her faith in Will unwavering.

"Aru," Will's playful tone elicited a soft chuckle from Aru, her confidence in him unshaken.

"Very well, Will," she relented, closing her eyes as Will carefully unveiled the casket, revealing a resplendent gold necklace adorned with a half-heart pendant. Diamonds glimmered, spelling out "Will" in a display of opulent grandeur.