Prom #1

addie

"So happy we have a half day." I huffed, practically falling into my car.

Today's the day. Prom.

Brooke, Kaeleigh, and I were now going to go get our hair and makeup done for tonight. The boys went to go home and hang out until they need to start getting ready.

"Me too. I'm actually excited to get my makeup done." Kaeleigh exclaimed from the back seat.

"Same." Brooke said from next to me.

"I actually am too." I laughed.

Our car ride consisted of the usual stopping at Taco Bell (we are obsessed), jamming to music on the radio, and dancing around like crazy people.

When we finally got to the salon, all three of us walked in, ready for our 'makeovers'.

"Appointment under Jessica Lewis." Kaeleigh told the lady at the front desk politely. Her mom insisted on paying for all of us, and booked an appointment for us.

"Right this way." she smiled, guiding us over to where they would be doing our hair and makeup.

Ready for the chaos.

***

"Wow." My short white and black dress flowed perfectly as I slipped on my plain white heels.

"This turned out perfect." I smoothed out my dress, making sure my up-do had enough hairspray and bobby pins.

"You look gorgeous." Kaeleigh said in awe, her sequined royal blue dress hugging her waist.

"Same goes to you." I was beyond ecstatic. Sometimes, you just got to dress up a bit.

"How do I look?" Brooke walked out of my bathroom, the black strapless dress flowing down to her ankles.

"Beautiful love." I smiled, fixing a few strands that hung around her face while the rest was in an elegant bun.

"Gorgeous." Kaeleigh looked at her while walking over and helping me put my red lipstick on.

I fixed a few strands of her bun, and wiped the small amount of nude lipstick that had smudged.

My mother walked into my room, sighing in content at how we look. Kaeleigh's mom was downstairs, setting up her camera. Gina, Cameron's mom, and Elizabeth were on their way.

Before they come here, they check on the boys, making sure the boys will be on time so they can get here before them.

Kaeleigh's mom was a photographer and looked for anything and everything to take pictures of. She insisted on taking all our pictures before we leave.

"You all are so beautiful." her smile lit up my room, making me smile just as big.

"Thank you mommy."

"The boys should be here soon!" We all nodded, looking at one another with nervous looks.

My mother walked out, leaving us to ourselves.

"Opinions?" we all said at the same time then giggled.

"You guys look beautiful, as always." my smile took up my face, looking at my two best friends.

They said their compliments, then we ended up in different spot in my room, agonizing the wait of the boys.

"I can't believe this is my last prom." Kaeleigh sighed.

"It won't be the same without you." I whined, knowing Brooke and I had two more proms after this one.

This is Nash, Cameron, and Kaeleigh's last prom since they were seniors. It's hard to think that their graduation ceremonies are Saturday.

"It'll be different without Nash." Brooke sighed, picking at the skin on her fingers. It's her nervous habit.

"Calm down." I took her hands in mine and set them on either sides of her. "This will be the time of your life, don't let the thought of this being your's and Nash's last prom together. Think of it as your best."

"I love you." she hugged me tightly, Kaeleigh soon coming over, joining our hugs.

My phone on my bed lit up, signaling I had a text. I went over to it warily, not wanting to be my mom. I don't feel ready to go downstairs. What if I trip or something?

With my luck, it was her. I sighed, stuffing my phone in my clutch. I nodded to both girls, signaling it was my mom.

I gave them a nervous smile, a shaky breath coming out.

"We got this." Both Brooke and Kaeleigh had picked their clutches up, linking their arms with mine, one on each side.

Walking down the stairs, butterflies erupted. My eyes locked with Hayes' the entire time. His smile was the only thing on my mind.

The three of us got to the bottom safely. The boys walked over, though my focus was only on Hayes.

I smiled big when he wrapped his arms around my waist, his head leaning down on my shoulder, mumbling into it a simple, "You look even more perfect than I imagined." Yet, it still made my stomach erupt like a volcano.

"Thank you." I whispered back, him leaning back up to where we were standing straight up.

"Pictures?" Mrs. Jessica asked hopefully. We all nodded, going outside on my front porch.

After an hour of all our moms taking pictures, we could finally go into the suburban Mrs. Gina let us use for the night.

Each of the moms came up to us and gave us a hug, wishing us a good time and to be as safe as possible.

Elizabeth came up to me, squeezing me tightly. What she whispered in my ear surprised me even more.

"You made it on the wall sweetie pie. And I know there's even more to come." she had winked and walked the the next person.

At first, I was confused, but I finally registered what she had said.

I made it.

~

I swear there will be a part 2!

I just really wanted to update soooo I put this together and thought it was too long for my other ideas!

I hope you like it 😊

QOTD: what country do you live in?
AOTD: boring ole' United States

xx

🌻