New Additions

addie

"Hi cutie." I cooed at the adorable puppy in front of me.

Hayes and I were at the dog shelter searching for a puppy. We had seen so many different ones, but they just didn't seem like the right ones.

"Hm. I'm not feeling it." I sighed, looking up at my boyfriend. He agreed, giving an apologetic smile to the girl with us.

"I'll show you the last ones we have." she smiled a fake smile towards us.

She guided us over to a litter of huskies and I immediately fell in love.

"Oh my gosh." I squealed, petting the cuties who were jumping up on the fence.

There was one who stayed in the back, trying to get in with the rest of the litter.

I felt some type of connection just looking at it. "Can I pick one up?" I asked. The girl nodded, giving me the signal I can.

Reaching down to the one that caught my eye, I cradled it in my arms, petting its soft tummy. "Hi little one." I said sweetly.

"What's her name?" Hayes asked politely.

"Cali."

"Hayes." I gave him a look that I wanted her.

He smiled genuinely, "She's adorable. We'll take her."

"You want the runt?" her tone angered me.

"What's so bad about her?" I asked sassily, holding the puppy up to my chest.

"She's the runt." the girl said with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"And the problem is..."

"There isn't one. Let's get the papers filled out." she said in a cheery voice, dripping with sarcasm.

In the end, Hayes and I decided to adopt Cali, knowing she was the cutest out of all her brothers and sisters.

We went to get her toys at the pet store next door, knowing she'll probably be lonely without them.

"What about this one?" I said in a baby voice, shaking it in front of Cali. She (tried to) bark as a signal she likes the purple toy ball.

Hayes picked out a new collar and leash, along with a soft bed and dog food, doubling it for the both of our houses.

"Baby, how about this?" I looked up, seeing Hayes picked out an adorable toy penguin.

Cali ran over to him, jumping up on his leg, trying to grab the penguin from his hand.

"I think we can take that as a yes." I giggled, picking up the soft puppy from the floor.

After Hayes and I were done shopping for Cali, we looked at the papers to see if she needed shots. Apparently, the shelter does them theirselves right when the dogs get there, so she already had her four week shots. Perfect.

"Cali." I slightly yelled. She came right over to me, jumping into my bed, penguin in mouth.

"Hi baby girl." Hayes petted her from where she was laying on his bare stomach.

"She's so adorable." I cuddled up into Hayes' side, my face next to Cali's.

I yawned tiredly, Cali doing the same as she closed her eyes, nuzzling her head into Hayes' stomach. She cuddled her toy penguin as she slept soundly, little puppy snores coming from her mouth.

"I'm happy we picked her, gorgeous." I looked up at Hayes smiling, my chin on his chest.

He nodded, craning his neck down and giving me a sweet peck on the lips. I smiled into the kiss, biting my lip at the slightest bit. He still gives me butterflies.

"Don't do that." Hayes whined.

"Why not?" I asked innocently, smirking ever so slightly.

"You turn me on." he laughed breathlessly, careful not to wake our dog up.

"And that's a bad thing?" "Not at all."

I giggled sleepily at my boyfriend. I laid my head back on his chest, closing my eyes.

"Take a nap." Hayes whispered, his fingers raking through my hair.

I sighed happily, taking one last look at our small "family" before fading away into an blissful sleep.

***

Cali and I were playing with her ball while Hayes slept on my bed.

I tugged playfully at the purple ball, trying to grab it from her mouth. Once I succeeded, I decided to try and teach her how to sit.

"Cali, sit." I said sternly. It took a few tries before she finally understood what I was saying. To show her she had accomplished something, I gave her a treat before throwing the ball across the room.

We did this consistently until she finally got to where she knew how to sit on command.

Cali and I were cuddling on the floor together, the soft puppy lying on my stomach while I pet her consistently.

"Y'all are adorable together." Hayes' voice startled me as I looked up, seeing his hair in all different places. I smiled at my boyfriend, pulling his hand as a sign I wanted him down on the floor with me.

"What time is it?" Hayes mumbled from the bed above us.

"Five. Why?" "Just asking."

"Okay." I giggled at Cali's fur tickling my stomach.

Hayes came and laid down next to me, shoulder in line with my head. I moved my head to where it was lying on his shoulder, still petting our fur child.

"Probably one of the best decisions we've made together." I mumbled, staring at the fur ball on my stomach. Hayes mumbled in agreement, hand intertwined with my own.

I sighed happily, smiling in content.

~

idek if this is long enough but OMQ Y'ALL, I SAW SHAWN ON FRIDAY & IT WAS PERFECTION.

I have 2 stories to tell though

1) okay, so Brooke was there and I was trying to get to her. I was being my polite self and saying excuse me, and this chick frickin elbowed me IN THE NECK. like wtf I'm royalty bruh 🙅 (jk lol)

2) after the girl before bae (Shawn) went on, she was doing selfies with people next to an exit. so like people left and my cousin and I were trying to get closer (which we were 2 people away from the barricade) & I was shoving and this girl bumped me with her BONY butt!!!! and my rib STILL hurts 😫

AND THAT SAME GIRL LEFT WHEN SHAWN CAME ON LIKE HOW?!?!? WHY?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

so if you 2 girls are reading this, that was not very nice

QOTD: how many times (if any) have you seen Shawn?
AOTD: twice

xx

🌻