Swimming in November

addie

I woke up to screaming downstairs.

My mom was yelling at Daniel, complaining that we don't do anything for the holidays, while he just sat and listened. It was stupid really how much they fight and yet they're still married and fake that they are both happy.

I had already told my mom the plans of Lydia and I going with Brooke; she didn't seem to care as her face was buried into her work files at that time.

I sluggishly got ready for the day and went to see if Lydia was ready to go. We both bolted down the stairs, saying goodbye quickly when we were halfway out the door. I don't think either one of them heard over the arguing.

Our problems at home aside, our day with Brooke kinda sucked at the moment. Her sister was complaining about not having a proper dinner, which made her feel awful as if it was her fault. Poor Chris had no idea what was going on and wasn't able to see Brooke for the day.

"I just don't understand why she puts it on me when she's the one with a stable job and an actual house." Brooke huffs, stuffing her face in a pillow on the couch.

"Think of it as spending time with friends, being happy and eating fast food. Would you rather be miserable with a half-decent meal and barely talking?" Lydia conquers, trying to bring the mood up.

I smile at her, thanking her silently for trying to help. An audible sigh sounded from under the pillow before it was removed with a half-smiling Brooke under it.

Of course, this day has consisted of ordering Chinese and watching the endless movies provided by Netflix. It was nearly two in the afternoon by now, and we have yet to get bored.

Hayes and Nash both were going to be back here in about an hour or so from their house. Apparently its been pretty boring according to Hayes, him complaining that they hadn't eaten yet.

I giggle inaudibly at the text he had just sent me, rolling my eyes at the whining he's been doing through our texts. The poor boy has his family all over him while he's sitting there just wanting turkey.

I look up to see the screen lit up with Mean Girls, already bored with the movie I have seen too many times. Through the movie, I ended up stalking an entire comedy account on Twitter.

"Can we go swimming? Or is it too cold?" I ask the two girls, hoping they would say yes.

"I don't see why not; it's indoors." Brooke smirks. Lydia just nods with a small smile.

Ten minutes later we're racing towards the, now fixed, elevators. I did a happy dance when I was the first to touch the cool metal doors, laughing at the girls while they huffed for breath.

I do a cannon ball into the pool, the cool droplets dripping from my hair. I swam happily with a smile on my face. Nothing can beat swimming in November.

The cool air swarmed my body as I got out to answer my phone while it rang. I almost slipped trying to jog towards the table, both of the girls laughing at me.

"Hello, gorgeous." I answer my boyfriend's call. "Hi, baby, where are y'all? The apartment is empty."

I slapped my forehead, "We're in the pool. Sorry I forgot to text you." He answered with an okay, saying they'll be down in ten. We ended with "I love you's'", me hanging up before jumping back into the warmness of the pool.

"Hayes, Nash, and James are on their way down." I smirk at Lydia's blush to James' name. She's had a crush on him since the diner and other times when we've all hung out.

Just as we were having a handstand contest, the boys walk in loudly, waving at us. After all of our hello's we spent a few hours in the pool before going back and watching even more movies.

It was the perfect ending to Thanksgiving day.

~

I literally haven't updated in FOREVER!

How have y'all been? Hope people will still read this...

I've come back fresh and ready to finish this book! I have a few projects coming up, but I'll keep y'all tuned.

Disclaimer: they have nothing to do with Wattpad ;)

Thank you to all the people who have patiently waited and are still going to read this book... It means a lot <3

QOTD: Who's ready for school?
AOTD: I'm 50/50

xx

🌻