First Day

addie

"How does it feel to be a senior babe?" I ask Hayes from next to me as we pull into the school parking lot, loads of new faces crowded the school grounds, looking like lost puppies.

"I'm sad I'll be leaving you." he pouted, kissing the back of my hand before getting out.

Right as I went to grab the door handle, it was opened by a smiling Hayes, holding his hand out for me to grab once again.

I smiled, my Converse covered feet hitting the pavement. Nonchalantly, the two of us walked in hand-in-hand, both of us having no worry whatsoever. Unlike the new freshman who were in their own small groups, their faces looking terrified.

"I remember freshman year. Wasn't my best." Hayes mumbled from next to me, causing me to giggle slightly at how different he has become from his antics before we had started dating.

Brooke met up with Hayes and I, and it felt so different without Nash, Cam, and Kaeleigh. "I'm depressed." she huffed, picking at her chipped nails.

"Aw, babe, why?" my hand let go of Hayes' as Brooke and I walked arm-in-arm with Hayes next to me.

"I miss Nash." her whine was incredibly humorous, making me snort slightly.

Right as her hand came up to smack me, I dodged it, making her hit Hayes. By then, I was laughing so hard you couldn't even hear it, my hands over my face.

"Not that funny." Hayes pouted, walking ahead. I grabbed his arm, pulling him back towards me and wrapping my arms around his neck. Not wanting to show too much affection in school, I lightly pecked his lips before smiling widely.

"Are you okay?" I giggled, taking his hand. Brooke gagged, literally, and walked ahead of us, catching up with a few people she knew, leaving us behind.

"I'm good." his eyes rolled playfully.

Hayes and I got different stares from different people. Some where glares from girls that had some type of "feelings" for Hayes, while others awed at our cheesy relationship. As much as I cringe, we were a cliché couple.

"Have fun with the very interesting librarian." I teased, walking to my class from taking Hayes to the library. I could hear his groan from down the hallway, making me laugh to myself. Sadly, his first period was interning at any class he got asked to shadow.

Wanting to have some type of teaching major, Hayes asked Dr. Chambers if he could scope out all the different classes in school, wanting to figure out which subject he wanted to teach.

Dr. Chambers, being the coolest principal there is, set it up as a regular class for him and a few other people, helping them himself as they shadowed different classes, some having specific ones, Hayes the only one who did not.

Walking quietly, I was caught up in my thoughts when I heard a somewhat high-pitched squeal from behind me, and my name being called loudly. Smiling widely at who it was, my feet turned only to be tackled by the one and only: Devon.

Devon was my GBF-as he insisted on me calling him that-who I had met literally bumping into at Topshop. The day was memorable and I loved the weird child like a brother. He's a, what he likes to call, cliché gay. Though he does have his own personality and style, he can be typical at times.

"Addie, babe, I haven't seen you in forever!" his tight hold on me made me squirm, laughing at how he could care less of the stares he got.

"It's been two days Dev-y babe."

"Two days too long bitch." our arms linked as we talked about what has happened in the past two days and cracked stupid jokes that only made us look even more weird.