Charlotte

addie

Hayes woke me up from where I slept in the passenger seat. My eyes slowly opened, a clear view of the mountains in front of me.

"We're here, baby." I love how he says it like it's my name.

I smile sleepily at him, stretching as much as I can in the seat. Kaeleigh ran over to my window, knocking on it rapidly.

I rolled my eyes at her, getting out. "C'mon bitch, it's zip line time." her hands flew in the air, doing a small pose before linking her hand with mine, pulling me to the front door.

She busted through the door like the place was hers as Cameron walked in behind us and to the front desk, Kaeleigh following behind him like a little kid.

"Ready?" Hayes came up next to me, a beaming smile on his face as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I'm so excited. I went zip lining once with my dad and there was like seven different lines and..." I rambled on as he listened, letting me talk.

I could feel his stare on the side of my face as I talked and occasionally looked over to see if he was listening. He stared at me intently, not breaking contact from my face.

"...sorry, I just rambled." I giggled slightly, a tint of pink coming to my face.

"Tell me more." his voice was loving, like he wanted me to tell him how much fun I had, and every detail.

So I did. And he listened the entire time.

-

hayes

I listened as she talked, details of her trip with her and her dad flowing out of her mouth, not going to stop any time soon.

And I loved it. I love how she tells every story with so much detail. And how she rambles on and on about nothing, but it's a cute nothing.

The kind of nothing I like.

Her story stopped once we started walking to get geared up, but was now switched to how excited she was.

After we got all of our gear on, the two guy started teaching us what to do and how to do everything.

At first, it was scary going through the mountains, a clip and rope is the only thing holding you up. But then, you get the feeling of being on top of the world and nothing can stop you.

We were now at the last line, and we had to have a partner for this one. Addie and I went together, our harnesses getting clipped together.

"Ready baby?" I asked, holding on to her hip with one of my hands.

"Mhmm." her smile was bright, making me smile.

The two of us picked our feet up off the ledge, flying down the rope. Her smile grew wider and wider the farther we got down the line. Addie's laughter filled my ears as we came to a stop at the end.

"That was the funnest one." she exclaimed, getting over her giggle fit.

One of the guys unlatched us from the line and, we stood to the side, waiting on everyone else to come down.

Once the rest of our group and the other people in our group came down, we were off back down the trail where reality was.

I didn't want to go back.

***

"It's eleven o'clock and you want to go walking around downtown Charlotte?" I laughed at my brother's suggestion.

"Why not? We're here alone only for tonight, why not take advantage of it?" The rest of the group nodded in agreement, looking over to me for my opinion.

"I guess so." I rolled my eyes playfully.

-

addie

The girls and I threw on an outfit and reapplied our makeup, making sure we look good for downtown Charlotte. The three of us were very excited, taking snapchats and spending almost an hour just laughing and dancing around the hotel bathroom.

"C'mon, the guys are waiting." Kaeleigh giggled, getting over her laugh attack. Brooke and I nodded, still giggling like crazy.

We walked, more like strutted, out to where the boys were scattered around the room. We looked at them suspiciously, as they were in the oddest of places: Nash was on the coffee table, Hayes was on the table next to the TV, and Cameron was near the front door on one of the small tables.

"Okay then... Ready to go?" Brooke said funny, making the guys laugh.

"Yeah, let's go!" All three of them sprung up from their spots, walking towards us, taking each of us by the hand.

***

"Where are they?" I was starting to get nervous.

"I don't know. Maybe we should head back to the hotel?" Hayes' voice was a bit shaky.

"If we knew where the hotel was." I panicked, trying to call Brooke for the tenth time in the past fifteen minutes.

Hayes and I were in one of the old music stores with the rest of our group, and it was pretty crowded so we all split up. It was fine until I couldn't find any of our friends and all of their phones had died earlier, and mine was the only one charged.

"Oh god..." By now, I was in full panic mode.

Strangers were all around me, the only familiar face is Hayes. How did we even end up in the middle of downtown at 1 o'clock in the morning, and our friends are nowhere to be found.

"Let's try and find our way back, there's nothing else to do."

The two of us retraced our steps back to the music store, and the walk we took from the hotel. It took us over an hour to find our hotel, and we were both ready to collapse any second.

The elevator ride up to the second story was short and quiet, the only sounds was the elevator. Hayes and I dragged our feet towards the hotel room, the door feeling 100 times heavier when we opened it.

"OH MY GOD, I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE DEAD." Kaeleigh came running up to the two of us, engulfing our sleepy bodies into her embrace.

Brooke trailed over soon after, a look of relief on her face. Cameron and Nash were sitting on one of the beds, both of them having panicked looks on their face.

"You guys okay?" Cameron asked.

"Yeah we're good, just really tired." Hayes grumbled, falling onto one of the beds.

Ignoring everyone, I walked to the bathroom and did my nightly routine, changing into a pair of random pajamas. I walked out, immediately going to the couch and curling up in a ball, closing my eyes.

Everyone's talking got more quiet, and I felt a soft blanket around my shoulders as I dozed off to sleep.

The last thing I heard was, "Goodnight baby." and a soft pair of lips kissing my forehead.

Then, I was out like a light.

~

26MGMT FOLLOWED ME ON TWITAAAAHHHHH

I AM SUPER HAPPPPYYYY

I hope y'all have had a good week, and a fun weekend!

QOTD: Favorite movie
AOTD: The Little Mermaid or The Breakfast Club

xx

🌻