Real You + Trampolines

addie

This morning, I woke up at about 8:00 a.m. That's pretty early considering it's a Sunday... And my life.

Not caring how I looked, I got up carefully out of my bed, making sure not to step on the sleeping boys on the floor. I grabbed my phone and started walking towards the door.

I walked out of my bedroom, making sure to close the door on my way out. Walking down the stairs, my hair decides to be stubborn and not go up into a bun. Whatever.

I walked into the kitchen, not expecting to see anyone, but surprisingly Hayes was standing there mixing something in a bowl.

"Good morning." he smiled over at me.

"Morning," I yawned. "Whatcha makin'?" I asked, hoping up on the counter next to him.

"Pancakes, want one?" he pointed to the finished ones while pouring the substance onto the pan.

"No. I don't eat breakfast." I said, watching him cook the delicious smelling food.

"Why not?"

"My cheerleading schedule back in Florida was tight. I'm on a diet and I work out almost everyday. I've gotten used to it." I said simply, shrugging.

"You're a cheerleader?" he asked, slightly surprised.

"Yep. I've been cheering for ten years now." I smiled.

"Are you any good?" he smirked.

"Does level 5 and an offer from Team USA sound any good to you?" I smirked back.

"Damn girl." he exclaimed, flipping the pancake.

"Need any help?" I asked, jumping down from the counter.

"Can you cook?"

"Well duh." I said like it was obvious.

"Just making sure," he laughed. "Can you grab the cereal first off? Nash doesn't like my pancakes. Also, can you grab the chocolate chips? Brooke loves chocolate chip pancakes, but Cam doesn't so I had to do a few without."

I was astonished. The bad boy actually pays attention to what his friends like and don't like.

I walked over to the pantry, grabbing the chocolate chips. Attempting to grab the cereal from the top of the pantry, I failed multiple times.

I kept trying my hardest to reach it, stretching out as far as my arm could, standing on my tip toes. That is, until I felt two arms wrap around my waist and slightly pick me up to where I could easily grab the cereal.

Once my feet were safely back down on the floor, I looked behind me to see Hayes.

"Thanks." I breathed out, handing him the cereal.

"No problem." he smiled, turning back to the pancakes.

Hayes and I were talking the entire time we made pancakes. We were also just messing around, teasing and playing with each other.

By now, all the pancakes were done and we just sat at the bar until everyone came downstairs. I was sitting on the counter, my legs crossed Indian style. He was sitting in the chair in front of me and we were just talking.

"What's that?" I turned over Hayes' wrist to see little scribbles of writing.

"Oh um it's a tattoo. I got it a few months ago." he said, looking at it.

"How'd you get a tattoo?! May I remind you you're sixteen!" I exclaimed.

"My mom signed the papers." he mumbled, looking down. I looked at him confused, but again started to admire it.

"What does it say?" I whispered.

"Take chances, and be positive." he softly whispered to where I could barely hear him.

I traced the small writing with my finger, astonished at how motivating this tattoo was.

"Why'd you get it?" I looked up, meeting his piercing blue eyes.

"It's complicated, but to put it in the most simplistic way, it keeps me going." his wrist was still in my grasp as I kept admiring it.

"Morning gu- woahh. What did I just walk into?" Brooke smirked over at Hayes and I.

"Shut up its nothing. I was just showing her my tattoo." Hayes rolled his eyes.

"More like she probably found it and questioned you about it." Brooke rolled her eyes, walking over to the stack of freshly made pancakes.

I looked at Hayes weirdly and he just looked down at his wrist, which still had my small hand wrapped around it. I swiftly took my hand off of his, crossing both of my arms in embarrassment.

"How'd you know?" I ask, looking back at Brooke.

"That's how I found it and he shows it to no one." she mumbled, her face stuffed with pancake.

"You're welcome Brooke." Hayes said annoyed as she sat there, stuffing her face like a pig.

"Thank you Hayes." she flipped him off, going back to her pancakes. He gave her the bird right back as I watched in amusement.

Seconds later, Cameron walked in with a smug look on his face, Nash trailing behind him.

"I smell Hayesie's famous pancakesss." Cameron sung.

"On the stove. Nash, there's cereal on the counter next to the stove." Hayes pointed over to the box of cereal.

"Thanks bro." Nash mumbled, clearly still waking up.

Once everyone was finished, we had trailed back into my backyard, contemplating on what to do today.

"Lets go to High Wire." Nash suggested, lying on one of two hammocks in my backyard with Brooke.

"I'm in. Cam?" Brooke asked, looking over him.

"Yeah. Hayes?" Hayes nodded in approval. Now, everyone was staring at me.

"Why not?"

-

hayes

Everyone had gotten changed into workout looking clothes and we were now on our way to High Wire.

"What's High Wire?" Addie asked from next to me.

"It's a place with a bunch of trampolines everywhere and a foam pit and a bunch of other stuff. It's awesome." Cameron answered, practically bouncing in his seat. He's always loved going there.

"That sounds like heaven." Addie beamed, her face lighting up like a little kid.

Once we got there, Addie and Cameron stumbled out of the car, running to the front of the building, arm in arm. Brooke was laughing while Nash took a picture, posting it on Twitter.

I was walking behind everyone, keeping to myself. Cameron and Addie were standing by the door, waiting for the three of us to get to them.

Addie frowned looking over at me. She started walking back to me, her arms crossed.

"Now, why is mister bad boy standing behind everyone being a buzzkill?" she said sassily, standing in front of me.

"That question does not have an answer." I said back, trying not to smile.

"Well you need to be more fun." she huffed, walking back over to Cameron. Her frown turned into a smile once she realized they were walking inside.

What do they have that I don't? Happiness, my inner voice says back. I sighed, catching up to them.

"Five tickets please." Nash smiled, handing the girl at the front his credit card.

"Here you go. Enjoy your time at High Wire."

~

my thighs feel like jello.

so. many. workouts. 😫

how've y'all been doin'? y'all doin' good? 😊

I hope so.

xx

🌻