Confessions

hayes

Addie and Brooke took us to a secluded beach with rocks everywhere. Some where jagged, most where smooth, but they were all able to climb and sit on to enjoy the gorgeous view of the waves crashing to the shore.

"Do y'all like it?" Cameron, Nash, and I nodded, not able to muster up any words.

"Wanna swim?" I suggested, standing up.

The others followed, shedding off all clothing to reveal the bathing suits we had put on earlier.

Running out to the water, we immediately started playing around. Splashing and water fights were going on all around.

It was fun, just hanging out with friends, not a care in the world.

-

brooke

Addie and I were standing together, trying to avoid all the water being splashed at us.

One second, I was dodging water. The next, I was in the air, someone's arms around my waist.

I squealed a bit, not knowing who it was until I felt a pair of lips peck my cheek. Nash, I know it.

"Nash put me down!" My hands held his tightly as I was sat up on his shoulders just now.

"Why?" he looked up laughing, a smile on his face.

"I don't like being this tall." I said uneasily, a slight smile on my face.

"You're fine. Trust me." he gave my hand a squeeze. Why wouldn't I trust him?

After a few more hours of getting picked up, thrown, and splashed by the boys, we had all sat in the back of Cameron's semi new truck he got right before we came down, which we drove to get down here. It seemed small, but had enough space behind the two main seats for some to squeeze in.

Towels were wrapped around everyone's shoulders as we all sat in a circle. Our conversations were starting to get deeper, telling personal stories and experiences, bringing us closer than we have ever been before.

"What's the scariest thing that's ever happened to you?" Addie mumbled to no one in general. I decided to speak up first.

"I remember one time I was at home. My mom was around then and Chris was at a friend's house, luckily. It was the first time my dad ever beat me. He was drunk, screaming at me because I didn't put all the dishes away." I sucked in a breath.

"He kicked and punched while my mom just sat on the couch, watching. I was crying my eyes out, not knowing this side of my dad. It was the scariest feeling I've ever had. I remember looking over to my mom, locking eyes with her. It seemed like she had no emotion towards what he was doing whatsoever." I didn't cry. I'm done crying over him. I was done about a year ago. I wasn't going to put up with his shit anymore.

"Scariest thing that happened to me was watching my dad die, slowly and painfully. He had cancer for a year until he finally took his last breath. I was sitting right next to him, about to fall asleep for the night, my mom out in the hallway talking to some doctors. The last words he said to me was 'watch out for your mother and sister, be the man I know you can be. I am so proud of you, I love you.' Then, he died that night in his sleep." Cameron breathed, not looking any of us in the eye.

Addie grabbed his hand as a sisterly gesture, knowing what he's been through. Her thumb gently moved back and forth on the back of his hand soothingly, calming him down from his thoughts everyone knew was swirling around in his head.

"I can speak for both me and Hayes. It was when our dad left. You guys know the story." Nash whispered the last bit, not wanting to relive the situation he went through. Seeing his dad walk out the door, right before his eyes.

"Addie?" Cam questioned, looking over at her. She cleared her throat and begun.

"Scariest thing that's happened to me? Well there's a lot, but the scariest was the first time my dad left to be honest. I was seven at the time, not knowing what was going on as my mom had taken all of us to the airport, crying along the way. Utterly confused, I asked my dad why my mom was crying. He said he had to go on a long trip and didn't know if he would come back or not. I started crying too. He was my best friend, it was scary thinking to lose him." Her body stiffened up, talking about her father.

"We got to walk to his gate with him. He held me tightly the entire time, that's when my mom took that picture of him and I." she smiled slightly at the thought. "Then he had to leave."

"Well we all have at least one thing in common, no dads." I tried laughing, which didn't seem to work very well for me or anyone else, but the others nodded.

"Happiest time." Hayes changed the subject, helping me out a bit.

"My dad coming back after a year and surprising me on my birthday at school." Addie had a full smile by then, trying to lighten the mood.

"Going out to football games with Nash and mom." Hayes smiled while Nash rolled his eyes, but smiled at the end.

"Going to baseball games with Hayes and mom." Nash answered with a smile. Hayes rolled his eyes mockingly.

"Chris and I getting ice cream some afternoons." I smiled big, thinking about how my little brother is doing with our older sister.

"Bonding moments with you guys." Cameron gushed, but turned serious.

"Aww Cam!" Nash cooed.

"I'm serious!" he laughed.

It got quiet after their laughing fit was over. Everyone was content in the silence, the waves crashing on the shore.

"Can we stay out here forever?" Addie whispered, looking out to the starlit sea.

"If only." Nash sighed.

"Life should be as peaceful as it is right now. Not a care whatsoever, and no worrying. Just a moment in time."

"Deep Hayes." I commented, scanning our beautiful surrounding.

"Can we stay out here tonight? I mean, we have pillows and blankets." Cameron suggested.

We made sure to grab all the pillows and blankets we could so we could fill up the back of Cameron's beat up pick up truck and just gaze at the stars.

"I'm in." I agreed. The rest just nodded.

-

cameron

All of us we're lying in the back of my truck, looking up at the stars in silence. Nash's arms were wrapped protectively around Brooke, as were Hayes' around Addie. I was in the middle, content with the fact I had my own pillow and blanket. I never feel left out around them, it's not like they ever leave me out of things.

"Goodnight you guys." Hayes yawned.

"Night." we mumbled.

Immediately I fell asleep, not before thinking about how great of friends I have.

I would never trade them for the world.

~

IM SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG FOR ME TO UPDATE!

I know, I'm horrible. 😔

Are any of y'all going back to school tomorrow?

If you are, goodluck!

Oh, a picture of Cameron's truck is on the sidebar if you were wondering!

xx

🌻