L.A.

addie

"I'm here, I'm safe, I'm okay." I reassured. It was pitch black outside, the only light coming from the airplane.

"That's great baby. I hope you have a great time. Don't forget to call beautiful." his voice was still soothing from over the phone.

"I wish you were here with me." I sighed, rolling my bag out of the airplane into LAX.

"I know, but I'll see you in two weeks. I'll be picking you up." his smile was evident from over the phone.

"God, I'm so scared." There was butterflies all around my stomach already, though I wasn't even at the gym yet.

"You'll do great beautiful, I believe in you." We exchanged our usual I love you's and his voice wasn't there anymore, leaving me to fend for myself in this giant airport.

I can't believe I'm here.

"Addie?!" A voice I've heard so many different times for years rung in my ears.

"Mel!" I found myself running towards her, engulfing her in a hug.

"Oh my gosh I've missed you so much." she squeezed me.

"I know! I'm so excited to try out together." nervous butterflies flew around in my stomach.

"Same! Ben and Alexis are rooming with us." she cheered, taking my duffle bag from me.

The two of us linked arms, already talking about what we were going to wear and what passes we were going to throw.

Just as an inside: I got an exception letter for the official tryouts of team U.S.A. Though I had been invited, the coaches still wanted me to officially tryout.

"When do tryouts start?" I was ecstatic to see a lot of my friends in the cheer world I have met over the past ten years.

"The meeting is tonight and official tryouts start tomorrow at six." Mel groaned. She's never been a morning person.

"I can't believe I'm here." I squealed, hugging her one more time.

"It's crazy."

Our car to take us to the hotel was waiting out in the front for us. My stuff found its way to the back and we were off to the hotel. Mel and I caught up, our usual jokes and sudden bursts of laughter filling the car. The two of us both gossiped and I told her about my best friends and Hayes too.

Shortly after, we had arrived at the hotel and I was being pushed into an elevator by an excited Mel. "Alexis and Ben are already upstairs."

As soon as the elevator stopped, I ran off, letting the man who works here worry about my bags as they were light and I didn't feel as bad. I was just really excited.

As soon as I walked in, there was a small reunion between the four of us, and we were soon all asleep, deciding that we can have our ritual of staying up till four in the morning trashing the hotel.

***

"Hit, hit." The set of jumps we had learned merely minutes ago was being perfected by the group they had put me in.

I had the feeling I was doing well, yet I gave it my extra push to show I am dedicated. This sport is my entire life. Sloppy jumps aren't going to waste my opportunity.

We had gone through tumbling, stunting, and conditioning already which I felt I had done the maximum amount I could do; which was a lot.

"Water break ladies." Eddie, the head coach, yelled at my, surprisingly, all girls group I was paired in.

I adjusted the big black bow on my head, a water bottle tightly secured between my teeth. The highlighter yellow sports bra went nicely with my black Nike pros as I checked myself in the mirror.

"You are doing awesome." Alexis walked over to me.

"Same goes to you! Let's go watch Mel and Ben." The two of them had been paired into a different group then the two of us.

In the end, we all said our goodbyes after a weekend full of fun and seeing some of my closest friends. It was one of the best weekends I've had all summer.

But I can't wait to get home to my very best friends.

~

It's short I know...

BUT I WANTED TO TELL YALL THAT I AM STARTING ANOTHER FAN FICTION AND IT'S COMING OUT TONIGHT!!!!

it's all in one POV but it's about Shawn-y boyyyy

QOTD: Will you read it?
AOTD: I hope so ❤️

xx

🌻