Traumatized

addie

I looked up, tears still flowing freely down my face.

Hayes was on top of the now unconscious guy, still punching him.

It didn't scare me, as I had seen many fights before. The thing that scared me was how violated I feel, his touch still lingering on my skin.

"Hayes." my voice cracked into a whisper.

He looked up, eyes softening immediately. My boyfriend pulled me into his gentle embrace, scooping me up and walking out the front door.

I bawled into his shoulder, my eyes tightly shut, my mind replaying what had just happened moments ago.

"Are you okay?" his voice barely above a whisper as we sat in the roomy driver's seat of his car.

I shook my head, my body still violently trembling. I replied, my voice practically inaudible, "Just hold me."

His fingers raked through my hair soothingly, rocking the two of us back and forth.

"It was all my fault. If I just hadn't let go of your hand-"

"Shh. It isn't your fault. It's no one's fault except for the prick that did it." I breathed, wiping my face roughly, trying to force the tears to stop. I failed miserably.

"I'm so so sorry baby."

The two of us sat there for what felt like hours until we decided to take a late night stop to the 24 hour ice cream parlor.

"Are you okay?" my fingers softly rubbed across Hayes' bloody knuckles, him wincing at my touch.

"I'll bandage that up for you." I sniffed.

"Baby..." he trailed off, "...I'll be fine." he finished.

"It's my fault that happened to you." Tears yet again filled my eyes as I thought back to what happened. That will never leave me.

"Don't say that." he said firmly, taking my hand in his.

I sniffed lightly, wiping my eyes with my other hand. Hayes ordered our ice cream, paying at the window.

Seconds later, the creamy goodness was served in a bowl, making it look irresistible. I took mine, immediately stuffing my face. Only minutes later, I was done, licking my fingers of stickiness.

"Was that good?" Hayes lightly smiled over at me.

I solemnly nodded, thanking him quietly. His face dropped, taking my hand in his.

"Let's get you home."

***

hayes

"Stop." Addie's mumbles from next to me woke me up from my sleep.

"Don't touch me there." she yelped, eyes still closed.

I sat up, watching my girlfriend thrash around under the covers. Her tears rapidly ran down her face.

"Addie." I shook her. She wouldn't wake up, still screaming. "Addie." I said a little bit louder.

"Don't." she screamed, bolting up into a sitting position, eyes wide with fear.

She started to bawl, her hands resting over her face to muffle her sobs. I took her into my embrace, holding her tight.

"It's okay. Nothing's happening." I shushed, squeezing her tightly.

"It was so real." she sobbed into my t-shirt.

"I know babe, I know." I whispered.

"What. Happened." my mom showed up in the doorway, worry evident in her facial expressions.

"Mom..." I signaled for her to leave.

"No. What just happened?"

"I-I had a bad dre-eam." Addie choked, still crying.

"And what was it about sweetheart?" her voice seemed to soothe Addie, lessening her sobs.

"A guy, trying to r-rape me-e." her breathing was staggered. I tightened my arms around her waist.

"Was it just a dream?" Addie shook her head side-to-side. "Memory?"

Addie's sobs erupted once again, her head falling into my chest. I rubbed her back, tears threatening to come out of my eyes.

It's hard to see my girl hurting like this and I can't do anything about it.

"Hayes, let me talk to her for a second." I hesitated but left my bedroom.

I paced back and forth in front of the bedroom door, my hands finding their way up to my hair and tugging at it, small tears trickling down my face.

Mom, being a therapist, knows how to help these things. And I trust her. I just hate to see Addie hurting so bad though.

What hurts her hurts me.

***

addie

"Can you come and pick me up?" I asked my best friend on the other line.

"Totally. Anything wrong?" Kaeleigh's voice was concerned. I could already hear her engine starting.

"Um, not really, we just need to go to Brooke's." I sighed.

"Okay. Be there in five."

Elizabeth said to vent to my closest friends about what had happened, which of course are Brooke and Kaeleigh.

I looked distraught: hair falling out of my bun, oversized sweatshirt covering my Nike Pros. Leftover makeup smeared under my eyes, not wanting to budge.

Kaeleigh's honk of the horn lets me know she is here. I walk out the empty house, opening the door to her car and climbing in.

"Are you okay?" her face had a look of concern.

"Just drive, please." I mumbled.

***

kaeleigh

"...And that's what happened." Addie's tears streamed down her face.

"Ads..." Brooke held her close, rocking them two back and forth. I held her hand, squeezing it every once in awhile.

"I didn't even know who the guy was." she sniffed, wiping all her tears off her face.

My heart just broke for the girl in front of me. I hate that it happened to her and no one even noticed.

"It's all good. He won't hurt you again love." Brooke soothed. Addie nodded her head solemnly.

"Girl's night?" I asked the two.

"Girl's night."

~

updateeeeeeeeee

hoped you've liked the last two chapters!!

it gives a twist to the whole story line

QOTD: who's your favorite character in this fanfiction?
AOTD: Hayes, duhh 💁

xx

🌻