Just Cuddle

hayes

This morning, I found myself over the toilet, throwing up my soul while everyone in my house was gone. Me being me, I grabbed my phone to call my mom, who is currently in Florida to help Nash scope out colleges he got accepted to, to ask if I can just stay home from school today. My mom being my mom said yes, adding the usual mom things of taking care of yourself and get lots of rest.

Lots of rest meaning hours upon hours of ESPN? I think yes. Sleep took over me as I fell fast asleep; the type of sleep you have when your sick and you just fall into that deep sleep that you don't want to wake up from. That's the only good thing about being sick, sleep.

-

addie

I looked at my watch, thirty minutes school's started and I still haven't seen Hayes yet. My foot tapped impatiently in drama, not knowing if he was okay or not. Being the type of caring girlfriend I am, I snuck to the bathroom to check and see if he's not dead. That wouldn't be the best scenario.

I paced the bathroom when he didn't answer his phone, not knowing what to do. Deciding I should just go check on him after school, I rushed back to class.

Of course it was one of those days that the school day dragged along, not wanting to stop anytime soon. My fingers fiddled with my pencil in my last class, Brooke giving me weird stares from next to me.

"You okay?" she asked, a worried look on her face.

"Have you seen Hayes?" I skipped straight to the point. "No, he's probably sick or something. He may have been 'bad' before, but he's never skipped school." she explained, air-quoting bad.

I nodded, somewhat relieved. The bell finally rung, making me jump out of my seat. Brooke laughed at me, shaking her head. I gave her a look when she gave me one back, both of us laughing as I granted her a quick goodbye hug.

I sped the short drive to mine and Hayes' neighborhood. My small feet trailed up to Hayes' front door, ringing to doorbell and knocking lightly to show it was me.

When he opened the door, my jaw dropped. He had a box tissues in hand, dark circles under his eyes with a blanket tightly wrapped around him. Cali was by his side, her tail wagging, excited to see me. Almost immediately, I ushered Hayes back to his obvious place on the couch, wrapping him up with even more blankets.

"Hi baby." Hayes chuckled, his nose stuffed.

"Hello love, how you feeling?" I swiped the sweaty hair from his forehead. Though he seemed like he was boiling hot, his chill bumps and shivers said otherwise.

"Not all that great, better now that you're here." his weak smile looked pain, his hands gripping his stomach.

"Have you had anything to eat?" he shook his head no, and I rolled my eyes at my irresponsible boyfriend. Walking over to the kitchen, I started making a can of chicken noodle soup, feeding some of the steaming chicken to Cali once it was done.

He slowly ate the bowl of soup as I cleaned up the tissues and cough drop wrappers that were scattered on the coffee table, taking Hayes' empty bowl to the kitchen once he was done.

"Do you need anything else, like more tissues or-" Hayes cut me off by pulling me down on his chest, catching me off guard.

"Just cuddle." he whispered as I blushed, holding him tighter. For a good five minutes, we laid in silence on the couch, not having any reason to get up.

Suddenly, there was a rumble of Hayes' stomach. He jumped out from under me, running towards the bathroom. Soon after, the sound of Hayes throwing up trailed down the short hall.

Worried, I ran to the restroom, leaning down next to the toilet, soothingly rubbing his back. He threw up for a good minute straight until he sat back, catching his breath.

"Brush your teeth and come out to the couch when you're ready, okay?" my soft voice trailed through the small bathroom, Hayes nodding at my words.

I walked back out to the living room, grabbing a small trash can and a few bags so he won't have to run the next time he throws up. I laid down on the couch, close to falling asleep when I realize that I should really tell my mom where I am.

Grabbing my phone from the coffee table, I sent her a quick text, telling her I was at Hayes' and I may stay over for tonight if he needs me to. As I sent the text message, Hayes walked-more like painfully shuffled-out into the living room.

Not bothering for me to scoot over, he laid in between my legs, his head on my chest. I chuckled lightly, running my hand through his hair. Both of his arms wrapped around my waist as we laid cuddled up on the couch for hours, just sitting.

Hayes threw up a few times, even cried once because he was hurting so bad. I felt awful for not being able to help him, but there was, sadly, nothing I could do. Though it made me feel better knowing that he said I made him feel better.

"Can you spend the night?" Hayes quietly asked, already half asleep.

"Of course I can, gorgeous. I can stay tomorrow from school if you need me to?" "No, you need to go, get an education and be smart." I giggled at his response, yawning before closing my eyes, letting sleep take over my worn-out body.

~

just going to go straight into da questions and stuff, so yeah.

I'll do two today just because...

QOTD: do you guys still like this story?
AOTD: I really hope so

QOTD2: something you miss
AOTD2: my main biffl Mildred (aka brookkkkeeeee ) even though she prob hates me ❤️

xx

🌻