Protective + Taco Bell

hayes

"Why the hell would he hit you?!" I was furious.

"I don't know, it just happened." she shrugged, looking down.

Both of us had walked to my house, being careful that Daniel wouldn't see her and do something worse.

"Does it hurt?" I asked worriedly, taking her face in my hands. She was sat on the kitchen counter to where she was now about my height.

"Not really. It looks worse than it is. He's not strong." she laughed slightly, trying to lighten the mood.

"He must've hit you as hard as he could then." I smiled a bit. There was a bruise forming on her cheek where he had punched her.

"Does your jaw hurt?" My thumb swiped back and forth gently on her cheek.

"Hayes, I'm fine. I'll be okay."

"Okay." I grabbed an icepack from the freezer, wrapping a towel around it before placing it on her cheek.

"Hayes, it's late, why are you-oh." My mom walked in the kitchen, stopping in her tracks when she saw Addie.

"Mom this is Addie. Addie, this is my mom-"

"Elizabeth." My mother cut me off, shaking Addie's hand.

"Hello. It's nice to meet you." Addie smiled.

"You too. Hayes, can I talk to you... Privately." I nodded, walking into the hall with her.

"Mom, I know she's a girl with me in the house at night, but it's not like that. She's one of my friends and I was walking her home from Brooke's apartment and-"

"Why is Brooke in an apartment alone?" she sounded concerned.

"Get Nash to tell you. Anyways, I was walking Addie home and she went inside then I heard yelling, and she ran out of the house. Her stepdad hit her and she doesn't have anywhere to stay, so can she stay here? Please?" I begged.

"I mean, it's fine with me. Just no funny business. I'm warning you." she wagged a playful finger at me.

"Okay mom." I laughed, kissing her cheek. "Night."

I walked back into the kitchen, seeing Addie still sitting in the same spot, looking out into space. My hand waved in front of her face, cutting her out of the trance she was in.

"C'mon. I'll get you some clothes." I smiled, helping her down.

"Hayes, it's fine. I'll walk back to Brooke's or something." she argued.

"No, you're staying here. Who knows what kind of creeps are out this late." I guided her up the stairs, not letting her have a choice.

"Fine." Addie mumbles.

We walk into my room. I get out a random t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants for her to change into. I pointed to the bathroom, where she could change in.

"I'll be here when you come out." I smiled at her.

"Thank you, for everything." she kissed my cheek and walked off, leaving me stunned in the middle of my bedroom.

This girl has some type of effect on me.

-

addie

Quickly, I changed into the clothes Hayes lent to me. I grabbed my phone, texting my mom that I was staying over at a friend's house so that she wouldn't worry.

Walking out of the bathroom, I was shocked to see a shirtless Hayes lying on the bed lazily, concentrating on his phone. He had changed into a pair of sweatpants while I was in the bathroom.