Prom #2

brooke

Sam Smith was blaring through the speakers. Peers of ours were all around Nash and I, dancing the night away. Both of us didn't pay any attention to anyone around us. It was like it was only the two of us.

"Will you take me to Nirvana..." I sang softly along with the music, my voice barely above a whisper as I stared deeply into Nash's captivating blue eyes.

"You look beautiful." Nash whispered in my ear, giving my neck a light kiss that made me feel like I was on top of the world.

"Thank you. You look rather dashing yourself." my smile brightened.

"Had to look nice for my girl." My girl. Me. The feeling is unimaginably magnificent.

My cheeks had a slight blush to them, making me look down at our feet. He pulled me even more towards him, making us impossibly closer than before.

"Nash." he looked at me, signaling for me to go on. "I love you."

"Good 'cause I love you too." his words made my heart flutter. I smiled big, granting him a small peck.

Both of us swayed to the beat, enjoying this moment.

-

kaeleigh

"Cam!" I was laughing so hard, a few tears made their way down my face.

My weird boyfriend was dancing in the crowd alone, trying to get me to come dance with him. Finally walking over to him, he pulled me into his arms, holding me tight. I giggled, my smile big as can be.

We danced around crazily, both of us being ourselves. The two of us were doing weird ass dance moves, having our own little competition.

In the end, I ended up wrapped in his arms, my head on his shoulder as we moved back and forth with the slow music.

It was weird being with Cameron like this, but I loved every single bit of it. Both of us were going out of our comfort zones by dating each other.

It's the best decision I've made so far, and I am happy it's with him and not some typical douche bag.

My last prom has been perfect so far, and it's only just started.

-

addie

Standing near the snacks, I sneak another cookie, waiting for Hayes to come out of the bathroom. Eating the cookie and keeping to myself, two pairs of arms wrapped around my waist from behind me. The "State Champion" football ring gave away who it was.

"That took awhile." I giggled, finishing off my chocolate chip cookie.

"There was a line." For some reason, he seemed nervous.

"Let's go dance." I unwrapped his arms from my waist, taking his hand seconds after.

Both of us swiveled through the crowd of couples. He stopped me at one point and wrapped one arm around my waist, the other taking my hand lightly. My free hand sat on his shoulder.

Both of us danced for what felt like hours, but in reality was on a couple of minutes. Hayes had stopped, looking down at our conjoined hands for a second, then looking back up at me. I looked at him with a confused look.

"I wanted to ask you somewhere more quietly, but I couldn't figure it out. So I'm just going to say it, wear my ring?"

"Hayes... You don't have to do this." I knew how much that ring meant to him.