11

Chishiya had wasted no time in trying to find us somewhere else to stay, a place where we could team up with someone else.

He had always been a man of his word...

I'd thought about it and maybe I had contradicted myself because he'd not always been like that.

Only if it benefitted him he became an impulsive liar, putting across a reasonable plan, a fake truth, an idea, and when the other person followed through with the idea they were presented with Chishiya's lies.

But he was still a good person; in my eyes. There was something about his attitude that I liked, maybe it was that twisted liar like side that he had or the fact that he wanted so badly to succeed.

The air was cold, the breeze running through the streets replacing the people that had once been there only a day ago.

Chishiya's messy hair was a little drier now, the bun barely in hold as his hair staggered down his neck, knotted, tangled, tousled. I wanted to reach over towards him and pull out the black band he had lazily wrapped in his hair and correct it but I didn't.

I let it be.

The streets were as empty as they were the first day, and despite the abundance of people that appeared during the game we had played in there seemed to be no one on the streets which took me by surprise. With the large amount of bright red lights that had - Presumably - killed people after their visa's ran out I wondered just where everyone was.

Chishiya stuck close by my side, offering to go ahead of me around any turnings and making sure to check I was still trailing behind him.

"So... Y/n" he began softly, poking his head inside an empty grocery shop and immediately pulling it back out with the prominent stench of the vegetables. "What have you been up to?"

I blinked harshly, finding myself stumbling on my answers before allowing him to look at me with curiosity shining in his brown eyes. "Studies" I replied simply.

"Obviously" he sighed, Chishiya's rolled his eyes momentarily with my reply merely making me smile at his agitated state. "I was wondering why I never bumped in to you... You were cooped up in your room studying the whole time we were apart" Chishiya announced sarcastically.

"Yeah" I laughed, playing along only for a second before deciding to speak once again. "Why? Did you want to bump in to me?"

Chishiya paused his roaming, and he paused infront of me; looking at me carefully. "Well of course, we grew up together. We're friends aren't we?"

I nodded momentarily, scurrying to move the h/c hair from my face as the wind played with it, my hair danced in the soft breeze but had clouded my vision for a few moments. I hated the fact that I had to close my eyes in order to move the hair that twirled over my features.

It was only a second that I heard footsteps approach me, I was too fast to retort a step backwards for instantly there was a pair of hands on my head softly stroking at my h/c hair. "You should do something  about your hair y/n"

My eyes fluttered open only to see Chishiya once again tracing his fingers over my head, my hair now danced over his slim fingers, twisting and curling into his fair skin as his lips fell ajar and his eyes concentrated only on the hair above my head being tormented by the eddies of wind.

"Do you want me to do it for you?" He asked.

I scoffed, reminded of his poor attempt of doing his own hair. "If you can get the hair tie from your hair, go for it"

The boy reached his hands backwards, tugging harshly at his hair briefly, he was still in a close proximity to me and found that as he tried to remove the hair tie in his own hair his eyes were holding mine the whole time.

It took him a few moments to finally remove it, and he silently twisted me around without uttering a word, his hands on my back spinning me to a position that benefited him. As usual he started at his own fast pace, bunching what he could of my hair into his hand and sliding the hair tie to the best of his abilities up until I felt the back of his hand against my cold neck. He twisted a few times, far too many, and ultimately dragged my hair through the small circle he had created with the band.

The moment almost felt romantic; it was the only word I could think of. Chishiya using his own hair tie just because he was concerned about my hair being to intrusive on my sight, he had turned me around and did it himself despite doing it poorly on his own hair.

The boy stepped back, "Perfect" he muttered as he gazed at his own success.

I turned to look at him, a small smile tugging on his lips - A proud smile.

"Thanks" I smiled. Surprisingly it felt good, unlike his poor attempt. It was as if he has really tried this time.

"No problem, y/n"

We continued our journey around an empty Tokyo together, and I really felt like his old friend again as he decided to start conversation with me.

He liked to talk about his past with me - I could discover that much - I assumed it was because those times life was more laid back... and thats not just because in this moment we're in a world where our days are determined by the number we get on a solitaire card in a deathly game we play which was then transferred into visas.

It was confusing. But so easy to understand at the same time and I presumed it was because of the realism I felt, this was in fact reality and I had had to understand everything as quickly as I could.

For all I know this could be the world I die in. 

Chishiya hummed as he leaned forwards on the bridge we'd walked too - concealed in conversation only the moment before - his hair brushed by his face, and as I looked at the right side of his face I noticed just how nice his hair looked as the sky darkened. I did miss the bun though. "What about there?" He asked.

I diverted my attention towards Chishiya arm, my eyes trailing down to the tip of his finger before adjusting myself to the building across the water.