43

"Momoka!" Cried a female voice, a sadness behind the voice that approached the eye catching view that captured the attention of the crowd. "Momoka... Why" Asahi managed, seated on the carpeted floor hunched over Momoka.

Momoka were dead.

It were the reason curious bodies paused in place to look over the lifeless body lying alone, isolated, on the floor before everyones arrival.

The female had lie on the floor completely still with a shining knife impaled into her chest eerily... the blood splattered over the end of the knife stabbed into her chest but the most terrifying part of it all were the fact the blood looked recent.

I began to wonder if I'd walked past Momoka when making my way to the exit of the Beach, if maybe I'd made a wrong turn I could have seen her and saved her life because the blood staining her chest were fresh and it looked like the crimson red blood staining her white and orange bikini were still wet.

I'd gulped at the sight... Momoka and I hadn't known eachother well as a result of her despondent attitude, she and Asahi seemed overly cautious of everyone they came in contact with, but I'd always seen her around the Beach; I noticed her presence, I'd seen her smile on the odd occasion and I'd seen her alive, she were all but a memory now... just another pawn for the cruel games. It never truly got easier seeing dead bodies, especially those of people you had known.

Yet, the time to look over her lifeless body came to an abrupt stop with the ping of phones echoing around the lobby and the shuffling to raise phones began, so I mirrored everyone, I held the phone up and looked to the white screen almost painful over my eyes recently witnessing something so dark.

Chishiya kept his hand in my own lightly as if not wanting to let go but supposing it were too late to remove it now; he'd made it obvious he'd been thinking of me in the moment, thinking how I would react to his decision to drop my hand. Yet, rather than looking at the phone held in his hand he'd looked to my own, poking his head closer to my own and breathing lightly in the tense silence around us.

His close body were unexpected but it were certainly something I wouldn't complain about.

The phone held between us presented the playing card and it were a lot more difficult to have accepted seeing it ahead of me.

"Ten of hearts" Chishiya evaluated through a low mumble almost a whisper of wind through my ear tickling my skin, he'd hummed as if satisfied or even content and I suppose that were because he'd known what the card were just minutes ago. "It'll be a dangerous one" He concluded as if it weren't obvious.

"Game, 'Witch Hunt'" Announced the PA and the screen on the phone had changed to that all too familiar font, the white screen and black writing announcing the title for the game. "The evil witch who took the girls life is hiding among you. The witch role is not limited to women" The PA said, that grating voice I'd learnt to despise. "You clear the game if you find them and burn them in the Fire of Judgement. Time limit is 2 hours" 

The silence were uncomfortable the moment the game had been announced, there was a silence that suggested everyone's obvious oblivion regarding how to start or even what to do.

Yet, The Beach did what it did best; talk, there was a sudden increase in tense whispers and anxious voices so quiet they had pratically been indistinguishable, for the first time, those at The Beach hadn't been overbearing in their voices and tone.

I'd become curious about the whispers around me, only able to hear muttering of a fire that I supposed should have been discussed because I were clueless as to what it meant.

I suppose Chishiya noticed my curious glance for he'd held my hand tighter, one squeeze indicating me of his presence and want for attention, so I looked towards him and noticed his gentle tilt of head and where his eyes directed themselves to and I followed, I'd looked over familiar individuals from the beach and I let my eyesight look around in the direction Chishiya had focused on before setting my eyes on a distant unfamiliar sight.