31

Chishiya and I had been alone in my room, as usual, I found that the sheer majority of his focus had fallen upon the fact that Hatter was soon to take part in a game... something that hadn't happened when the tension between him and the militants had been so heightened, so dangerously overwrought; every executive was noticeably anxious about that fact, it was unfortunate that he had to leave when the fear that if he were never to return was so grand and it was likely the militants would seize the long awaited opportunity to take over.

I had noticed just how distant Ann had seemed when I crossed her path following Arisu outside, her returned greeting to me had been less enthusiastic, it had almost been forced for the smile on her face portrayed nothing more than her own uncertainty, her recognisable uneasiness.

Keniichi had seemed to hold up his tough exterior, it even seemed to have been stronger today, he had looked at me curiously from his end of the beach as I sat around alone and I had decided approach him, afraid of starting any suspicion. I told him I was waiting for Chishiya and ultimately he seemed just a little more relaxed by my words; I wondered if he suspected anything (the man always looked suspicious anyways, always looking as if he knew something no one else had). Keniichi had seemed to act tougher today, maybe it was the fact he wanted so desperately to prove to others if anything were to happen to Hatter he was the perfect candidate for their next leader.

But the militants had seemed so awfully relaxed, even a little thankful. Niragi seemed more self obsessed than usual, The Last Boss' eyes had flickered with his own underlying excitement, the only one on the militants side that had seemed to portray a different emotion was Aguni. He had walked past me as I lie on a sun-bed persistently watching Arisu, but we had met eyes with one another as he passed, it was almost as if the moment went in slow motion for he pure turmoil and anxiousness behind his brown eyes had captured me in a trance of pure interest... just what did he have to be so nervous about? He was apart of the militants and if he could overrun Keniichi he would for sure be the ruler of the beach. 

Chishiya had looked at me, "I think it's all going to change now" He announced, he had found himself dragging his body a little closer to mine as we sat upon my grand bed. 

Chishiya's eyes scanned my face once again, it wasn't hard to forget that look... that all so familiar spark ignited behind those oak coloured eyes of his, that all too familiar admiration that washed over his features and overtook his painfully calm exterior.

It was going to happen again for that look was the same one he presented the last time we were alone together.

"Me too" I frowned, a little nervous to hold his eyes for too long, my stomach had churned and I felt the heat wash over my cheeks.

I had felt the atmosphere between us shift then, the conversation had died purposely simply because he had wanted it to... it was obvious that he had other things in his mind at the moment and Hatter's decision to join one of the games definitely wasn't one of them.

"Y/n?" Chishiya had managed softly, and he leant closer to me once again, the silence surrounding us was loud, I could only hear our breaths mixing in with one another.

The empty bedroom held just us two and I desperately hoped there was no one outside again to interrupt the rather romantic moment.

I nodded,  a little alarmed with just how close his face was approaching mine, I could make out his pale skin with the close proximity of our faces, I identified the way that the browns in his eyes had changed as they flooded closer to his pupils, the way his lips were a little chapped but still so perfectly pinkish. "What is it?" I had asked in a shaky breath, his closeness to me had created some sort of uneasiness... but, there was comfort I had found in the unfamiliarity of the situation.