26

The beach, as usual, was so loud and busy during the nights where the music was at its loudest point, where the straining almost blue lights had splattered themselves over the inhabitants who were celebrating their own success or the survival of others.

The stench of sweat had mixed so indubitably with drinks that were being thrown around so absentmindedly between those in the crowd of people, the swimming pool was filled - as usual - it was hard to even move around the grand crowd outside.

But I was by his side hiding to watch Kuina talk to the boy Chishiya had an interest in.

I was by Chishiya's side and that was the safest place to be in the innumerable individuals that had surrounded us.

He had that affect on me despite everything he had said and done to me in the past that damaged my confidence so obviously.

Despite every negative thing he had done and said to me I couldn't ignore the closure I felt simply by being beside him.

"Y/n" he said, speaking so suddenly I had been surprised to hear his voice in the silence consuming us as we watched on from the distance. I had nodded, not looking at him, "Lets talk about that time, I believe you'd know what I'm referring to"

And my stomach had dropped, so suddenly, it was almost as if my undisclosed thoughts were becoming an unfortunate reality.

The unfavourable thought I had meekly thought of just once, that stomach churning, gut wrenching and most unfavourable idea that I would have to discuss that unforgettable night with Chishiya.

The night he had leant towards my lips with the intent to meet in the middle.

I forced myself to pull my eyes away from the crowd, a difficult movement for the discomfiture had consumed me completely and the fear of his words had overcome me. Nodding, I had proceeded him to go ahead, the blue tint of the lights had brightened his coffee tinted brown eyes.

"I was angry we were interrupted" He finalised, so simply, without anything more it was almost as if he had skipped the whole narrative, the whole event had just passed by and he ignored the true reason things were just that much more awkward between us.

He tried to kiss me.

"Me too" I replied, my words were hoarse and I couldn't help but gulp, attempting to hold his eyes was a struggle in the mere nervousness I had felt about discussing what had happened.   

"Y/n are you flustered? Don't you want to talk about it?" He asked, he hadn't seemed concerned about my feelings but instead the subject of our conversation was his main concern.

I shook my head, the only movement I could do when the painful reality was his words were the truth, I was awfully flustered. "No, I do want to talk about it"

"Good" he stated, and he shuffled to stand just a little taller, he stood beside me with such an intense eye contact that I had felt unnerved just by that mere action. "Me too"

Silence consumed us, that awfully awkward silence had occurred so frequently it was painful.

The music had gotten louder in my ears as the conversation came to an awful halt and I hadn't realised all of my focus has been on the blonde haired male beside me... it was almost as if he made time stop, he had called sound to silence and the area crowded so obviously with people to disappear.

But he spoke, a nervous glance towards me as I looked behind him at the crowd entering the pool with smiles on their faces so large I was surprised for I understood they had just recently lost a friend in their group; it was awful just how quickly they moved on, how quickly they had excused the males death and continued to live their life not haunted by his memory.