35

"This unfair treatment ends today!" Niragi called, almost inspirationally... but it was quite a shame that no one was truly moved by his previously grand speech and his attempt to change the rules for his own content.

"If number one dies everyone moves up a number, we agreed on this rule" Keniichi announced, his voice as tame as usual, he wasn't affected or afraid of Niragi's spurt of pitiful inspirational words or even his close proximity.

In that moment I had felt Chishiya stroke his thumb over my hand, a continuing action he had done for a few seconds.

"It's alright isnt it?" Chishiya whispered, his head had moved close to my own, his breath against my ear, I knew what he was referring to instantly... his hand clasped in my own, comforting me silently behind his back.

I nodded absentmindedly, overwhelmed with the amount of surprising events occurring closely around me.

Whilst Hatter lie dead on the table and the militants wanted so desperately to strike trepidation in everyone within the room Chishiya was comforting me, holding my hand... something he had only ever done to drag me after him, something he had never done as a motion for comfort - From what I could remember.

"The snobbish dictator is dead" Sneered Niragi, looking at the lifeless man on the table. "The power has shifted, hasn't it?" He continued, has voice had slowly grown louder, attempting to assert his dominance within the crowd in which the majority had disagreed with him but even Niragi knew that fear was the best way that he could get others to follow his ideals. "Let's just be demographic and go with the majority"

Niragi had wasted no time, walking slowly behind Keniichi and propping his gun up just a little higher over his shoulder, the silence was loud... tense, it was regrettably filled with such a huge amount of fear that even I had been alarmed.

It was shameful just how quickly Niragi had been able to do the one thing he wanted to; Inject fear to those around him.

But there was something so unusually comforting about Chishiya's hand intertwined with my own that I had almost felt the true overwhelming fear come at me in a splash instead of a wave... Maybe Chishiya's hand had acted as some odd shield to haul back the heavy emotions.

"Who agrees that Aguni should be the new leader?" He asked as he approached MiRa who was standing awfully still with his presence close to her.

And I hoped, I almost mentally prayed, that in that moment the only people who would have raised their hands were the militants or it would almost feel as if we were betrayed.

The tenseness in the room had been like nothing I'd seen before, my stomach had churned with the mere realisation of the situation I were in.

Waiting that answer to Niragi's question.

Seconds felt like minutes.

But thankfully, after seconds of silence, no one had raised their hand... not a single soul, but the Lass Boss had shuffled just a little setting Niragi off... "What a bad reaction" The black haired boy had scoffed as he looked around, unimpressed. "Last boss" He muttered, looking at the man, Niragi had raised his head just a little; an odd nod as if indicating that the eerie man do something to spark some movement within the unmoving crowd.

It was obvious then that this moment had been something they planned, it was a comedic thought to me that the two men had been awaiting the moment they could intimidate the executives but that gentle touch of comedy had washed away so suddenly as the man had drawn his katana, not a single word falling from his lips as he slowly raised his blade by Ann's body and placed it by her neck.

The shining weapon so close to her skin that a deep exhale was enough for it to graze over her neck, just one deep breath was enough for the blood to trickle from her skin.