33

Tatta was the name of the young man who had approached me with such an alarming urgency, he was running at full speed towards me as I sat alone in the main entrance of the beach, isolated by the grand stairs.

I had heard his footsteps from afar, excusing them as a rather annoyingly persistently loud inhabitant of the beach.

But with the scoff's and whines of others from around the area I had decided to look towards the sound, surprised too see the man running so frantically as he pushed himself forwards with the support of the walls.

I was shocked he hadn't fallen over his own feet, lunging so far forwards he was almost skipping steps with his hurried movements.

"Y/n!" He called, I was rather surprised when he had skid past me, his body plunging forwards, it was then he had finally slipped hitting the floor with a quiet bang, however, in no time had he pulled himself back up to his feet, almost crawling towards me as he stood and jumped infront of me. "Y/n" he panted.

I had been close with the younger man since he entered the beach, I was the first one he had met and he hadn't exactly known where he was, however, he'd been a good asset to the mechanical side of the beach, working for the lighting, the cameras, the local sources of light and water that the beach had managed to create all on its own.

He only came to the beach recently, around the time Chishiya used his handmade taser... the time he first spoke about Arisu.

The black haired man looked at me with fear staining his features, "You have to go to the meeting hall immediately, it's urgent" He managed, suddenly sighing as he coughed on his own ragged and rushed breaths. "Will you tell your boyfriend he needs to come too"

"My? What?" I managed gently, I was ever so alarmed with his frantic panting, his ever so obvious sense of momentousness around the subject he was warning me of. "Who?" I asked, with a mind so focused on Tatta's sense of seriousness I had completely eradicated any other thoughts.

"Chishiya! Tell Chishiya to come too" The boy yelped, almost as if it was a fact I should have known already.

"Tatta Chishiya and I aren't-"

"I'm sorry y/n I really can't listen now, I've got to go and get Keniichi... wait...is he already in there? I have no time to think!!! Oh I have to get Ann" he managed and he jumped up on his feet, without a goodbye or a parting word he had turned again, sprinting full speed down the halls.

It was almost comedic in the moment to see him running so fast and for that moment I had let myself smile before pulling myself to my feet and towards the pool outside where Chishiya had stated he would be staying with Kuina.

It was nice to have had some time alone... especially after the kiss, I had an opportunity to clean my mind and I took it willingly.

Strangely, Chishiya had noticed my presence the moment I had stepped outside (I wondered if he had always been eyeing the door waiting for someone to exit) Chishiya perked up a little on his seat as he placed his hands over his eyes to shield the shining sun and therefore he had allowed himself to have a better view of me without the blinding sun completely ruining his vision.

It had been quite awkward to approach him so quietly as he hadn't uttered a word simply because of our distance.

I walked past those surrounding me, I ignored everyone, as did he... As did Chishiya - even as Kuina spoke to him- and in that moment it was just him and I.

I almost felt uneasy as I approached, realising just what I was coming to tell Chishiya.

Such important news, something even I didn't know but deep down I knew the news wasn't going to be good; after Tatta's fearful face and frantic movements it wasn't impossible to identify and interpret that whatever had happened wasn't a positive thing.

"What is it?" Chishiya asked as I finally appeared within talking distance, his eyebrows raised as he scanned me... he hadn't just looked at my face but the entirety of my body too.

"There's an important meeting in the executive room" I finalised, "I'm not sure what's happened but it definitely isn't good, Tatta told me to get you"

Chishiya had hummed nodding, "I'll go get Arisu, you'll be alright going on your own won't you?"

Of course I had been, I had been completely satisfied with that fact but for some unnamable reason I had wanted nothing more than for Chishiya to join me merely because of my own fear of the unknown.

Tatta hadn't given much away with his frenzied and panic stricken explanation, all he gave away was the undeniable need for me to be there.

"Yeah" I muttered, my emotions starkly contrasting those around me.

Their happiness, excitement, their pure blitheness had now been mixed with my own parasitic uncertainties.

Chishiya pulled himself to his feet with a soft grunt, "We'll tell you when we get back" he said to Kuina who had nodded gently, her own face now had danced with curiosity as to just what the urgent and rather sudden meeting was going to be about, Chishiya soon looked at me, his eyes were kind and dancing with his sudden portrayal of comfort, his lips parted softly as his eyes scanned over my face gently, carefully. Placing a gentle hand on my shoulder he had stroked over it for a fleeing moment. "I won't be too long y/n, I'll be with you soon" He finalised.

I had nodded, but his kind words didn't mean too much to me as we found ourselves walking in the same direction after our quick goodbye to Kuina who found herself now seated alone.

Alone with her own thoughts, overwhelmed with her own ideas.

There was a silence for a moment as we had walked next to one another but intended to reach different locations, Chishiya was approaching Arisu and I had approached the entrance to the halls.

"Y/n, whatever happens don't worry too much, I'll be by your side in the meeting" He stated, I met his shining brown eyes with a nod.

I'd almost been at a pure loss for words with the unusual predicament I had found myself in, merely thinking the worst, my inner turmoil was driving me insane and I was desperate to attend the meeting as soon as I could simply because I know I'd end up too afraid to even enter if I held myself back for a moment longer.

"You don't have to be scared, you never do" He finalised, "I'm always going to be protecting you" He begun, "I made a promise to protect you y/n"

I had been confused with his words, I found myself struggling to remember remember when he had made such an absurd promise.

But it occurred to me just when it had happened, when we first met, so long ago, so long ago in fact that my recollection of the memory was blurry and I had found myself trying to make up my own idea of just what had happened that time simply because I remembered such small fractures of the promise he made.

"That was years ago" I finalised, he'd broken that promise years ago too.

He left me.

"You know I don't make promises to break them" He explained, I wanted to laugh at the irony of his words but for some odd reason I had found myself comforted by them instead. "I'll be there soon y/n, I won't keep you waiting"

And whilst he slowly ran away to approach Arisu who seemed to be leaving the outdoor area he had left my heart racing.