45

The bodies placed through the hallways left unattended and soon to be thrown into the Fire of Judgement were a lot more harrowing to see with my own eyes, no longer had I had the protection of the fuzzy screens and low quality real time video... I were seeing it with my own eyes now.

I was seeing the crimson fresh blood that seeped into the carpets and splattered over the hallway walls with my own eyes and such a sight were painful, it got easier but it never were something I could look at without feeling a ping of nausea.

However, I'd had Chishiya by my side guiding me through the halls at a quick pace, he'd been quick to check every corner before we trailed down it, he were quick to drag me with him if he'd heard a distant sound and he looked after me... I was grateful for that entirely for my anxiousness were heightened with the idea of seeing a militant down the hall, I had been nervous with the anticipation of who (and even what state the bodies) would be waiting for me down the corners.

I'd stepped over a lifeless female shot one too many times through her stomach with a cautiousness I felt were respectful and necessary in the moment, Chishiya's hand slipped out of my own as he opened the door to the executive office and with a frown I watched the lifeless female beneath my feet finding myself mentally apologising for everything that had happened to her despite the fact it weren't me who should have given an apology for the loss of her life but instead the Militants.

"I won't be long" Chishiya muttered, turning to face me with a look of seriousness etched to his features that stated he were going to do his utmost best to stay true to those words.

So I hummed with a light smile despite my anxiousness feeling so exposed in the moment, nodding as I bid him goodbye and his figure became a distant one as he rushed into the office with a mission to find the tape he'd needed for a weapon he were looking to create, he'd told me about his ambitious weapon that could aid our mission to kill Niragi and I were surprised by his idea but I couldn't deny it were probably one of the easier ways to have killed him... all I had to do was watch and bring Niragi closer.

I'd waited outside the office, just as planned (It did back track on his idea of keeping us both safe and together but I'd suggested the plan, it were more risky for us to have both stayed inside with the knowledge the militants were still hungry for any blood they hadn't claimed yet), sighing softly I'd looked from left to right upon the expectation someone would turn the corner.

Eventually, they had, a thankfully familiar face I hadn't deemed to be evil, the face of a man I had known and spoke to plenty of times; Keniichi Kyuzuru, he'd walked with a swiftness in his steps but he'd noticed me from our distance.

His face usually looked stern, monotone, so I wasn't anxious by that fact, but I'd almost felt relief to have realised someone I knew still survived such a brutal game of betrayal and he'd walked through the bloody carpet with an obvious attempt not to look at the horrors beneath his feet which were surprising for a man I thought were so tough and unaffected by anything surrounding him.

"What are you doing?" I quizzed the moment he were close enough, he'd made sure to stand at a fair distance and I supposed that were because of the body that split us apart... almost like he didn't want to disrespect the dead female beneath him he kept his distance. "You shouldn't be walking around so freely Kyuzuru it's dangerous"

The man weren't armed, he were empty handed.

"I'm safe"

"You and I are probably on the top of the Militants kill list" I stated, surprised by his calm nature but the man had always been like that, evaluative, vehement... calm. It were admirable in actuality. "You should hide"

He hummed, not saying a word but simply looking to me as if there was something he wished to say, his lips were pursed together but the look behind his eyes shielded by his thin glasses suggested there had been much more to his silence than I could interpret.