50

All too suddenly the screens in the centre piece of the room present a special urgent broadcast with trumpets beginning unexpectedly in the background. The screens were white and the four playing card suits present themselves ahead of me. Fanfare music begun unexpectedly and the announcement is a lot more upbeat than the dystopia we're trapped within.

"Congratulations to all players" Announced a female voice, as of currently the woman is faceless, blurry, and as a result of that a lot more eerie.

Chishiya glanced towards me, a look on his face presenting a silent question; 'Are you coming?' And of course a part of me didn't want to follow him at all, however, I'd followed Chishiya as he walked closer to the screens and took a stand beside Kuina. I followed not because he asked me but instead I followed because of my own curiosity with the sudden announcement.

"Huh?" Kuina muttered, leaning her head back a little to look at the woman presented ahead of us on the screens.

In that moment I'd found myself biting back my own gentle exclamation of surprise as the woman shifted in and out of focus, yet, she'd been familiar.

The woman had recognisable long black hair cut to a unique frame that suited her slim face, she'd worn her usual black attire, I'd known the woman on the screen.

"Oh" Chishiya says almost knowingly looking up at the woman, as if amused with the fact he'd known her previously, as if amused she was someone who was involved with the twisted games.

"Mira" Arisu evaluated upon recognising the woman on the numerous screens, he'd spoke for me.

It was Mira on those screens, a lot more polished than the last time I'd seen her, Mira the Beach executive I'd sat beside numerous times, Mira the woman I'd spoken to for an array of reasons... Mira the woman I thought was simply over cautious with her poised nature, the woman who was always sophisticated in an almost admirable way, the woman who hadn't spoken to anyone unless she deemed it necessary and I suppose she had a brilliant reason for her solitude now; she was one of them, the game creators.

Mira was dressed in black, as usual, however, this time she'd looked a lot more glamorous than I'd remembered her to be. Seated on that singular chair she continued her sophistication in a way now that made her look eerie and that constant calmness I'd noticed she held with her in the past had be explained because she'd known in these twisted games she was one of the creators.

Mira looked more important than ever, her lips were painted in a noticeable red tint and the dress she wore heightened a sense of superiority she never had before.

"Except for the face cards, you've all completed the games and emerged victorious" Mira announced proudly. Now, more than ever, her calmness had been worrying and I couldn't help but linger on our short lived past in which I'd simply excused her calmness to have been a result of her position in The Beach. "And the prize of these sweet victories was the sacrifice of many lives"

We stared in silence at the woman, it was obvious all of us were slightly taken aback by our familiarity with the woman we'd deemed to be one of us.

Yet, I glanced to Chishiya in the moment and I wondered if I did it for answers he couldn't provide. Chishiya glanced towards me as if he'd been awaiting my attention in the moment and he offered me a gentle raise of his eyebrows and pursed lips as if presenting both a shock with Mira's sudden significance but also his own gentle excitement with the fact he'd known her.

His eyes were beguiling, as always, I'd hated that despite the unusualness surrounding me I'd found some safety in his eyes regardless of the fact I wanted to despise them. I looked away first, pinning my eyes back on Mira and I looked away first because I wanted to silently remind him I didn't forgive him for what he'd done to me.