24

"What's up with you and Chisiya these days? You seem closer" Admitted Kuina as she fiddled with the fake cigarette in her hand, flicking it between her slim fingers and allowing it to dance around them perfectly.

"He's just been nicer" I finalised as I lie back on the sun bed, the music wasn't as loud during the day - surprisingly - but the amount of people outside was worrying. It was almost impossible to even swim in a pool swarmed with individuals attempting to free themselves of the horror they'd been exposed to, the paths were pratically closed off with the crowds that had plagued them, the noise was almost unbearable with both the music and people's chatter blending in so atrociously it was as if my ears were destined to bleed in just a few more moments. "I wonder why" I managed as I shielded my eyes from the sun and let my legs stretch out before me. "Maybe it's the hot weather" I had suggested.

I supposed I was trying to convince myself that... a poor imagine after he had tried to kiss my lips not too long ago.

And although he never had I pondered over the idea that our lips met in the middle.

Kuina chuckled, lying down on the sun bed beside me, mirroring my movements before looking at me, "It could be... but apparently hot weather makes people angrier"

"Seriously? I thought it made people happier" I suggested quickly listening to her prolonged hum as she evaluated our argument.

It felt nice, the moments peace as I lie looking at Kuina surrounded by people who weren't interested in us, people who were also apart of the twisted world we'd been unfortunately trapped in.

It was in odd to know that everyone around me was going through the same thing but all had different stories, different traumas.

It was unusual to think that everyone smiled despite everything happening to them... Happening to us all.

I was thankful to be close to Kuina out of everyone else within the beach, she understood me and most importantly she wanted to understand me.

"Maybe he likes you" Kuina offered with a mischievous smile, her eyes sparkling with diablerie and her eyes smiling with her. The clear happiness on her face as she spoke about the subject she'd been attempting to push forwards for a while now - I knew that she wanted to bring it up as a result of her persistent insolent smiles whenever Chishiya and I were alone, whenever she winked at me when he spoke to me... she was all too evaluative with Chishiya and I.

"He likes you too, he likes us both" I concluded as I sighed loudly, removing my hands from their position over my eyes and lying them under my head instead as I focused my attention on Kuina.

Strangely, the conversation was staring to get a little exciting now. Even I was curious... what did others think was going between Chishiya and I?

Even I was unable to answer the question.

"No, I mean... he likes you as more than a friend" Kuina suggested, her lips ajar before she smiled excitedly. "It would be about time you told me! I've known there was something going on between you both since I first saw you together" she managed, bragging as if she were correct.

"Why does everyone assume that?" I groaned, although I wasn't speaking about a lot of people (only Hatter and now Kuina) I was growing a little agitated with the sudden questioning of Chishiya and I's relationship as it was rather embarrassing to talk about it to people around me.

Although I'd once felt elated with the idea that Kuina thought Chishiya and I could be dating I was now a little skeptical merely because he hadn't done anything after the kissing ordeal (almost kiss at that).