40

Guilt overwhelmed me, it was undeniable in all of its entirety, an awful strangling of guilt plagued my body and it was an unwanted parasite in my mind.

It was difficult to ignore guilt and however much I hadn't wished to it felt like I should greet guilt as a friend before it became more of an enemy than it were already.

The knock on my door alerted me of a presence that weren't guilt, a new someone who was looking for me.

So, with a heavy sigh released due to my anxiousness regarding where Arisu could possibly be I had gripped the bed frame and pulled myself to my feet, I'd listened to the silence around me usually so admirable but now eerie in all of its entirety.

I opened the door, one quick swift action I hoped would cure the nervousness of thinking who... who was at my door after such a daunting moment had recently occurred.

There he was though, presented ahead of me like an Angel as much as he were a devil, Chishiya, simply standing with his lips pursed and a look towards me that was blank but it wasn't guilt- I could make out that much.

Instead, Chishiya looked towards me with a content look, an obvious look of nonchalant emotions. "Can I come in?"

I nodded, supposing that denying his question would only throw away everything that we'd been working for since the beginning, moving aside I'd welcomed him inside my bedroom now cleaned to utter perfection because so foolishly had I thought that would cure the feelings spreading inside my body.

Chishiya stepped inside freely, looking around as if his bedroom wasn't pratically the same as mine. "You're feeling guilty" He stated simply, turning slowly on his heel to face me.

"You aren't" I whispered, staring towards him and allowing the yellow tones of the lampshade mounted on my bedside table to illuminate more of his face than the light overhead.

Of course he wasn't, was Chishiya ever phased by such gruelling events?

"This was the plan since the beginning, of course I'm not affected" Chishiya admitted, raising his eyebrows, "Y/n... Y/n" He said gently, his voice too soft for what had just happened, "Your heart is too big for such a world" He said, shaking his head as if disapproving of that fact when I thought it was a positive... maybe having such a big heart would eventually aid me in games... it wouldn't, but optimism was a better thing to have than its antithesis.

Chishiya tapped his foot, just a tap against a floor two times that captured my attention almost the moment he had committed the unusual action. "Come" He invited, his hands motioning me over too.

Could I deny such a simple ask?

I stepped towards him, pausing ahead of him and feeling his sudden breath against my face. His breath was warm and inviting and the close proximity sparked a bustling and busy bundle of butterflies that fluttered alight in my stomach.

"I'm one step ahead" He admitted, his hand slowly lifting to my own, his fingers stroked over my knuckles and slipped up my arm until he held my shoulder. "I've got everything figured out, you don't need to worry anymore"

I hummed, an almost distant hum because how could I believe that?

Whatever game he was playing he was the only player aware of how to win.

Furthermore, his actions left me silenced.

Chishiya flickered his eyes towards my lips, a soft question he hadn't needed to asked aloud... a question he'd asked before and one that I - for the first time - actually hesitated upon giving a reply.

I was stuck.

It was a tough decision, a yes or no should have been easy to respond to.

Yet, no longer was it a kiss because this time I was much more aware of Chishiya's ambitions and how far he would go just to reign victorious.