38

Chishiya had discussed the plan so flawlessly, there were no faults and his instructions were clear; Kuina and Usagi would be on the lookout and he and I would stay alone sharing instructions and keeping an eye on the militants as they announced that Aguni was the leader while Arisu searched for the cards in the box Chishiya had suggested they lie in.

However, I'd been informed the night before that what he shared wasn't Chishiya's true plan.

His true intentions were much darker, more narcissistic.

Only the night before we were to carry out the plan had Chishiya admitted to me the real plan was to tell the militants Arisu was searching for the cards with Usagi's assistance and therefore he would use Arisu as bait to confirm his private idea on where the cards had really been hidden, through the disruption Chishiya had an opportunity to have looked at the true location of the playing cards and see if he were correct.

Of course, I was shocked, I had every right to be irritated with the plan that had gone against my morals. I had wanted to protect the pair with the best of my abilities after we blindly guided them through our plan with the hidden intent of leading them to their possible deaths just for our own safety.

However, unfortunately, that was simply how the new world had worked... I was simply playing another game, yet, this time it wasn't a game that the Borderland had created but instead one Chishiya crafted.

Either way, the basis of the macabre games were still the same... someone had to be sacrificed.

He'd completely gaslit them to complete the final steps of his manipulative plan.

The moment he had uttered the truth to me he was awaiting my outrage, waiting intently for my disapproval, I could sense that through his eyes unable to focus on my own, his blink had been rare too. The visible indications of his nervousness awaiting my reply had been obvious, yet, I hadn't been prepared for his ulterior motive at all so I had sat in silence for a moment.

I had been speechless.

However, I had managed to spluttered a stuttered argument against his plan but it was weak, inconsiderable and I knew nothing I said were to reverse his finalised decision... after all, when we were both finished with the conversation and left in a lingering awkward silence he had spoke once more; "I'm doing this for you y/n... I'm doing this to keep you safe" and he had stood, towering over me momentarily, carefully, before leaning towards me in a chorus of cautious breaths before pressing a kiss against my forehead. "Everything I do is for you"

Unfortunately, his kind actions had left me silenced, again - just like he had most likely predicted them to - for I hadn't uttered another word, overwhelmed with a unprecedented warmness, and I watched him leave.

Drunk on the blissfulness I were well aware I shouldn't focus on, however, in that moment it were the only thing I found my mind trailing to... the dismay with Chishiya's words and the realisation of Arisu and Usagi's predicament had become completely irradiated in my mind swimming in stacks of serenity.

He had known how to manipulate and silence me too; Affection, something he had known I had craved for years upon creating a friendship with him.

The atrium had been filled with each resident of the beach the day after (as expected), each individual looking up towards Aguni and the militants. There had been no room for movement in the crowd, therefore, I were extremely thankful I had been plastered by Chishiya's side on the second floor leaning on the balcony watching over the pool of individuals.

The obvious nervousness wafted over everyone, I were sure I could hear the gentle whispers of 'where's Hatter?' and upon hearing the man's name I were disappointed that I weren't met with any of our past memories (positive or negative), I hadn't seen him as a living and breathing human but instead a lifeless body that had been before me days ago.