46

"Don't you get tired of bullying people weaker than you?" Chishiya quizzed, brazen and bold during the intense situation we'd placed ourselves in.

He'd always been bold, always over confident but I couldn't deny the way I'd looked towards him almost anxiously as a result of his question.

There was a coldness within the air - this time not created by my own anxiety with the game and the bodies through The Beach - instead there had been a gentle breeze more noticeable from our height on the rooftop of The Beach.

The night sky loomed over our figures and the stars seemed so far away despite the fact I was much closer to them, the echo of distant gunshots still could be heard and that were depressing to realise no matter how far away I'd been from the gunshots they could still be heard.

He were addressing Niragi who were in the exact place I'd expected him to be; on the rooftop, just as I'd suggested to Chishiya he'd been placed on the floor of the rooftop and pressing his eye against the viewfinder of his gun to help his aim... to aid him in killing more people more efficiently.

He'd been just as eerie as usual but there was something nerve wracking about him now, now I'd seen him relentlessly kill with no remorse and I'd truly seen what an awful person he was. I'd known Niragi were malevolent but I'd never realised the extent of that personality trait.

Niragi glanced over his shoulder simply, barley looking towards us and keeping his hands on his gun as if using it for protection, "And where were you hiding?"

"Oh there are lots of paces for us to hide" Chishiya said simply, it had been clear from his mere tone that he'd not even wanted to address Niragi, he made it obvious from the way he'd not moved a step closer to the man he wanted their distance as friends to have been reflected in their distance physically.

"Us?" Quizzed Niragi and within that moment his interest on killing individuals had been diverted... just as I had hoped, just as Chishiya expected he'd looked towards me with that awful smirk. "I see...  you've come to see me like I asked y/n"

"No" I replied bluntly, safely beside Chishiya and shaking my head softly. "I'm not here to please you Niragi. Out of everything that's the one thing I'd never want to do" I concluded, close to rolling my eyes, close to fighting him just to eradicate his smirk.

Becoming weak against Niragi were something I would no longer do, the built up despise for his mere presence would be the reason I could look him in the eyes with resentment, I would no longer continue to listen to his inappropriate comments without fighting back for myself... after all, in just a few moments if things went well Niragi would be dead.

"Well you're here now" He said confidently, raising his eyebrows as if proud of his conclusion.

"Y/n is not here to see you" Chishiya said, supporting me unexpectedly but I suppose his own personal grudge spoke for him, that hatred for Niragi were prominent in his tone and he'd been doing that for his own benefit instead of my own.

Niragi hummed nonchalantly as if dismissing his words, he'd successfully found the exact thing he knew would irk Chishiya. Of course he had, he'd evaluated Chishiya every now and again just to figure out the best ways to anger him.

"Y/n's never come to see you has she?" Chishiya evaluated, noticing a twitch in Niragi's features. "How could she? Why would she when it's me she wants to see"

"You really get on my nerves you know that. Think you're so goddamn smart" Niragi ranted with a hatred for Chishiya that were impossible to hide "Acting like you're so clever!" He spat.

Chishiya scoffed. "I don't have to act clever" He stated.

I'd looked to the male beside me, his words caught my interest. Chishiya were clever, he always had been, he had been in more ways than one but his skills in being able to deceive and manipulate people were admirable, they hadn't even realised Chishiya were being calculated, mistrustful.