New York, New York

AMBRE

"Come on! Come on!" Mr. and Mrs.DeRose yelled for us to follow them. Aimee and Anais pulled me forward. I glanced back again. Just to see, and I was correct. Nelson was literally undressing me with his eyes. I followed after everyone. A tall doorman with a red uniform opened the door for us a huge smile plastered on his face. "Mr. and Mrs.DeRose!" His eyes were bright and kind. His tanned skin glowed in the afternoon sun. Anais and the girls smiled and waved as we entered the building. I felt my jaw drop as we stepped into the building.

It was so beautiful and sophisticated. Colorful art portraits adorned the vast walls of the building. The soft aroma of cinnamon caressed my nostrils. At the receptionist area, a beautiful black lady with a braided bun smiles at us and waves us over. "Hey, y'all! My name is Fatumata Berry but you can all call me Fatu!" She smiled a big smile. I automatically felt loved as if she were talking especially to me.

"You guys are here for the keys to apartment 69 right?" She asked kindly. We all nodded as Mr. DeRose responded with a "yes Ma'am!" she handed the keys over to Mr. DeRose who then handed the keys to me. The receptionist beckoned him forward. "Come sign here!" He signed quickly and threw an adorable smile over his shoulder. Aimee races Alizee over to the elevators. Alizee wins of course. We are all beaming as we head up the building. Aimee starts to clap when we near the 60th floor. All 7 of us file out of the elevator and look for the apartment with the number 69 scrolled on the door.

"Here it is! Here!" Aliane bounces on the balls of her feet as excitement coursed through her body. Everyone looked at me expectantly. After all, I did have the keys. I put the key into the lock and twisted. The door opened smoothly. The sight of the apartment had all of us bewitched, except for Mr. And Mrs.DeRose of course.

This place was beautiful. Everything about it was beautiful.

Dupont sisters home

I heard gasps from behind me

I heard gasps from behind me. "I love it!! Let's go! let's go!" My sisters tried to enter the apartment all at the same time and almost succeeded in knocking me down. I righted myself and followed behind them. The apartment was slightly chilly. The smell of sweet candy-like cherries reached my nose. Four scented candles lined up on each side of the wall in the small foyer. Aimee galloped ahead excitedly. "This place is so much prettier than the old house! I never want to leave!" Aimee whipped at the top of her lungs and ran down the hallway.

The twins and Anais followed behind her, their smiles are bright and happy. Mr. and Mrs. DeRose find seats on one of the couches their smiles kind and true. I hold my hands out to them as I walk over. "We Thank you both so so much! I don't know if I can fin words good enough to describe how amazing and thoughtful you guys are. French: je vous remercie beaucoup! pour tout! // English: thank you so much! for everything!"

Their smiles get bigger as each of them grasp my hands. " This is not all ma belle enfant// English: my beautiful child." Mrs. DeRose answered me sweetly. "We will show you your new workspace. Your own company now. You can even change the name to yours we don't mind. After all, we have enough so much so that we can give. Especially to a kind, bold, flamboyant and passionate young woman like yourself. Who doesn't watch and sit idly when she sees someone do something negative to others. We thank you so much, Ambre. French: Merci beaucoup. // English:  Thank you so much"