Help Is Near

EZRA

TIME-LAPSE: 30 mins

The muffled sound of an argument reached my ears. The voices were familiar. "We can do the worst to him. We can end his life! It will devastate her!" The next voice that came was deep. Male and their tone was aggrieved. "Seriously?! this has gotten to your head! Killing is illegal and I don't know about you but I do not want to go to jail. I'm leaving! This is getting out of control!" I heard an annoyed sigh and then heavy footsteps retreating. I heard the creaking sound of a door opening, I didn't know if it was far or close. But it gave me hope that I could still hear it from where I was sitting. Freedom was so near. I could make it, I just needed to distract her, even if she was distracted for a little bit.

I had to make a plan, and fast before my last moments on earth are me tied up in some underground dungeon awaiting my death.

NEVAEH

I couldn't believe the one person I actually cared deeply for was being taken away from me. A tear rolled down my cheek. " Nevaeh doesn't cry. Come on everything will be okay. It's going to be great." Ambre smiled a small smile as if the words that were coming out of her mouth weren't believable to her.

EZRA

I didn't flinch when I heard the door open. "Listen punk. I will stop at nothing to make Ambre's life a mess and the pathway to that is you. So...Sorry in advance." I smiled up at her. "That's alright, but can you untie me. I need to pee...really badly." I made my voice sound even softer and sorrowful than it usually sounded. She looked at me skeptically. "Listen I don't really know if I can trust you. For all, I know you are probably up to something. I can't let you out." Her tone was hostile.

I needed to act sorrier. I had to kiss her ass. I cringed internally at the thought. " Please, I need the restroom...so bad." I let my voice crack. She rolled her eyes and then studied me for a minute. " Whatever just hurry up." She came over to me and untied me hurriedly. "Make it quick! The door down the corridor to the left!" I felt giddy on the inside but remained intact with my scared persona. Once out of her sight I began to look for anything that I could use to notify anyone.

The hallway was long and narrow. It was grey and damp smelling. Green blobby mold stuck brightly on the walls. I cringed in disgust. It was dim but I needed to find something. Anything. I entered the bathroom that reeked of old piss and crap. I locked the door anyway.

What was this place? The paint on the walls was browning, peeling, and flaking as if it hadn't been painted in a long time. The bathroom was a little better lit than the hallway. I looked around for the source of light. My heart started beating quickly. I was going to be free! A tiny bathroom window was almost 12 feet from the ground it was pretty far up, but I had to get out. I cringed in disgust again and then with my foot, put the lid down on the toilet. I leaped onto the top of the toilet and made my way onto the tank. I was almost there! I carefully stood tiptoe. And then lifted the window. A gust of warm summer air poured into the bathroom. Yes!

We were underground. The window was so close to the ground I could palm the concrete. I wanted to scream for help. But she would hear me. I was stuck. Freedom was so near but so far. From the window, I could see a man walking his dog. I reached my arm out of the window as much as I could. I spoke as loudly as I could, but that wasn't too loud because I was so deathly afraid of being caught. "Help...Help..." The dog lifted its head and then looked in my direction. It started to yap and bark loudly. I started to flail my arm hard and fast. I almost laughed hysterically when the guy walking the dog notices me. The look on his face was a look of sheer confusion. His facial expression was incredulous.

"Man whatchu doing down there?! It's been closed for as long as I can remember, how u got in?" I put my fingers to my lips in a shushing way and waved him over. His dog bounded over and started to lick my arm. " Dude there's a crazy girl and she has me locked up. Call the police I need help." Right as I was finishing my sentence I heard the thudding sound of the girl. Anais " EZRA WHY THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN GONE FOR SO LONG?!" The face of the guy went from confused to scared.

He hurriedly flipped his phone out and took a picture of me before dashing away. " Imma help you, bro. Hold tight." He was gone before he finished speaking. I jumped down quickly when I heard her trying to break the door down.

I quickly sat on the toilet as if I were using it. I made sure my face was neutral. "Dude. You're still on the toilet? What? You sick or some shit?" I shook my head and pulled my pants back up as I stood up. She rose her eyebrows.

TIME-LAPSE: 10 mins

AMBRE

A notification pinged from my phone. Nevaeh's pinged too and then everybody else's began to ping too. A woman gasped from her seat. I reached for my phone quickly and gaped at the picture in front of me. It was Ezra with his arm and head sticking out of some hole in a building. He looked like he might have been underground. The next picture was the address. I sighed, thankful that he wasn't dead. And we knew where he was! Nevaeh and I ran to the counter. "We have seen the pictures ladies, and we are sending out a car to the location."

Nevaeh and I grabbed each other tight and hopped around squealing happily. I pulled away and called the attention of the police officer. "We want to be in the car as well if something happens we have to be there." He nodded and waved his hand to the back of him. I grabbed Nevaeh's hand and made our way into the back.

EZRA

I was back in the room, but she hadn't insisted on tying me up. At least not yet. "So, Anais is it? Why am I here? What have I done to you?" She smiled at my question. "Look I'm sorry. It really isn't about you, but you are the answer. Do you know? You are the answer to all of my pro-" she stopped speaking when a ping sounded. Her phone.

She half-heartedly pulled out her phone to check what was sent to her. "What? WHAT?" I jumped at her shrill voice questioning what was on her phone. She slowly slid her gaze to me. Her eyes were hooded, her lips set in a grim line.

"You was out there calling for help. INSTEAD OF USING THE BATHROOM LIKE YOU SAID?! English: are you fucking stupid?!// French: es-tu foutrement stupide?!" She screamed and cursed at me in French. Oh fuck, she saw the picture.

HEY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE. I HAVEN'T UPDATED FOR SO LONG AND I'M SO SORRY!!! I LOVE YALL! VOTE AND COMMENT IF U CAN!!❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕💕-Ruby