Phone Calls&Ezra

AMBRE

TIME-LAPSE: 3 days

I smiled as I breathed in the sweet chocolatey goodness of my fudge brownies that were baking in the oven. They were almost done and I was overly excited to see how they were going to taste. They were my mom's favorite dessert, it was even her recipe. She drilled it into my brain before she died and I would never forget it. I miss her so much. I turned off the oven when the timer went off and put the brownies out to cool. They looked delicious. I was celebrating the fact that I was able to convince Esmee that her business would be better off if I was her partner.

I packaged the brownies into a cute little plastic bowl and then I grabbed my purse and keys. I wore high-waisted ripped jeans and a cream-colored halter crop top. Then I paired it with some cream open-toed botties. I gave myself a once-over in my floor-length mirror and flew out the door.  I was going to pick up Ezra to come with me before I made my way to Esmee's office. Desiree was gone and the only person that knew anything about how I did anything at work would be Ezra. Plus he said that he was beginning to get tired of Neveah and all the mushy gushy things she said to her boyfriend in front of him.

AMBRE'S OUTFIT:

 Esmee had asked me to come over and that she was excited for me to meet with her best friend who she hadn't seen in a long while

AMBRE'S BROWNIES:

I'm all set and driving when my phone began to ring

I'm all set and driving when my phone began to ring. Suspecting it to be Esmee I picked up the call without looking only to be met with a kind and familiar male voice. Not much different from Ezra's but much more assured. "Hello?" The charming voice of Mr. DeRose made my face split into a grin. "Ambre my dear! How is everything going?" I realized then that I hadn't really heard from him in a long while. "Well, Bonjour Mr. DeRose! I haven't heard from you in a long while! How are you doing?" I asked kindly.

"French: je vais tres bien! // English: I'm doing very well! How are your sisters? Greet them all for me. Aimee, Alizee, Aliane, Anais." I immediately began to feel resentment towards Anais all over again. "Well, Mr. DeRose. I don't know the whereabouts of Anais so I can't tell her that you said hi. She has run away with Nelson. After I walked in on them jumping each other's bones. And I am not going to be the one to call her." My voice cracked and my eyes watered. The silence from Mr. DeRose stretched on for some time before he cleared his throat and offered me an apology. " I'm so sorry Ambre dear. Dont worry I am sure all will be well. I will try to make sure of it." He sounded determined. I sighed and thanked him.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: A GLIMPSE INTO ANAIS'S MIND/LIFE.

TIME-LAPSE: 5 mins

ANAIS

No one was going to be able to change my mind. No one. "Listen, It's not like I hate Ambre. It's just I hate how she gets all the attention. Just for no reason. Like she's not all that. She has anger issues. She punched me!" I couldn't believe this freaking old lady didn't want to understand. I was the victim. "Listen Mrs. DeRose. Can you just give me the company or at least can you get me another car? I'm in California and I don't have a car. But guess who does? Ambre!"

Mrs. DeRose huffed over the phone, she didn't speak for some time. When she did her voice sounded hurt. But it's not like I really gave a fuck. "Listen, Mon Cheri, Ambre is your older sister and as far as I know she has helped you and your little sisters so much. She loves you and you have to stop. Why would you go behind her back and sleep with her boyfriend? You shouldn't let a man get between you and your sister she cares about you dearly." Mrs. DeRose was kind or whatever but I really couldn't care less.

I was still going to find a way to hurt Ambre even more. She obviously wasn't feeling enough pain. It's not like she really loved Nelson, and besides Nelson would do anything I told him to. He was a love-sick puppy. A puppet and I the puppeteer. " Anais dear? Hello, are you there?" It angered me how sweet she was. I held back an annoyed sigh. " I'm here Mrs. DeRose. Dont worry I will make it up to Ambre, only if she will want to talk with me." I made my voice sound sweet and sad. " Oh mon Cherie she will, your sister is kind and she will want to hear from you. She's angry but she knows deep down that she cares and wants to know how you are."

I sniffled and began to fake cry. I had to play the victim, at least for some more sympathy. I had to make it seem like I was really sorry. Then they would all trust me. Then I can really set my plan into motion. "Oh, Anais sweety dont cry. Ambre won't hate you. It's alright." I couldn't help the rather ominous smile that painted my face.

AMBRE

I tried to downplay the smile that played on my lips as Ezra approached my car. But I couldn't. He was so dreamy and his obvious nervousness and shyness made him so much more alluring. And the fact that he didn't even realize it made me want to jump his bones, so bad. He smiled a small smile unaware of all the tantalizing thoughts I was brewing up. Saving up to do to him when we ever got the chance to. He opened the passenger side and had a seat. His sweet detergent clean smell wafting towards me. I clenched my thighs.

EZRA'S OUTFIT

I cleared my throat and tried to relax

I cleared my throat and tried to relax. "How is it going?" I asked, my smile widening. Ezra looked at me and then he looked away. Then he looked at me again trying to meet my eyes, he succeeded for a second before looking away again. "I-I am doing very well. Thank you." I almost burst out laughing from all his nervous cuteness but I didn't want him to feel worse so I held in my laugh. " That's great. So we are going out with Esmee who I'm sure you are aware is now my business partner, so she wants to get to know me and she wants me to get to know her but she says she is bringing along a friend so I should as well. We might also talk about work so buckle up and get ready to answer some questions!"

I snorted when I saw Ezra gulp from the corner of my eye. " I'm just kidding Ezra. Just look at me when you are afraid of talking or if you are too nervous to. You will be fine though I know you will. Plus you look awesome!" Even though Ezra's face was turned away from me and facing the window, I knew he was blushing because the tips of his ears burned red. Awww what a cutie.

EZRA

I didn't know why but when Ambre told me she knew I could do it and gave me that compliment, my heart soared. It might have been something minor to her but to me. It meant almost everything.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello my delicious donuts! I have been a little tired and quite frankly I've been suffering from writer's block. BUT DO NOT FEAR. I WILL finish my book. I've just been a smidge lazy. I love yall. The next chapter will be out in a few days or if I'm feeling like it a few hours. ❤️❤️🥰🥰-Rubesss

PS: Ignore the chapter name I SERIOUSLY didn't know what to name it.