Nevaeh💙

AMBRE

Nelson looked at me a little quizzically. He rubs his eyes and then blinks sleepily. The anticipation was getting on my nerves. I shook his shoulders again. "Nelson answer me!" I screeched. My voice was shrill with desperation. "Ambre we haven't done anything! Damn it! Stop worrying!" He rolled his eyes and then laid back on my plush pillows. A sigh of relief pours out of my mouth. "Okay so why are you in my bed, Nelson?" Nelson took a deep breath before responding. "You fell asleep while we were coming to the car and so I didn't want to wake you when we got here. I brought you upstairs and then when I was leaving...You grabbed my arm and begged me to stay...begged me to cuddle with you."

I heard the teasing tone in Nelsons' voice. It made me hate myself even more. Why the fuck did I beg this mother fucker? Nelson smiled at m silence and turned on his side. He fluffed up a pillow and got comfortable. Oh hell no. "Nelson I wanted you next to me before but now I wish for you to disappear. Get out of my room. Now." My words dripped in annoyance. Nelson sighed and then stood up. I almost thanked him for complying so easily. "Well, sweetheart don't get your panties in a bunch." Nelson chucked as he sashayed to the door. He saluted to me. "See you in 9 hours." He blew me a last kiss and then left. Shutting the door softly behind him. I watch the door a few extra seconds just to make sure he doesn't pop his head back in here.

EZRA

I usually didn't go out when it was too dark out but tonight I felt uncharacteristically claustrophobic in my room. I couldn't sleep and I felt like I wanted to see the bright lights of the Manhattan buildings. The late hour wasn't going to stop me. I still wore my pajama pants. My crocs accompanied along with a plain black sweatshirt. I pulled the hood over my head to help my slightly cold ears. I looked up at the bright lights coming from the gigantic screens on the tall buildings. Colorful ads played. I could hear singing from the building across from me. Undoubtedly it was probably a broadway stage. People walked from all different directions. There was not a direction that everyone was walking.

I looked up quickly when I heard the loud beeping of a car. A few curses flew between two men who wore menacing looks on their faces.  After a few seconds, they got back in their cars and went on their way. I turn around to go home. I felt slightly sleepy. I had my fill of the city that never sleeps. As I pass by a dark alleyway. I hear scuffling and muffled screaming. The sleep immediately eludes my body. A big dark figure looked to be groping a smaller dark figure. Oh my god. She was being sexually assaulted. But I was frozen I wasn't sure of what to do. Was this guy armed? I didn't want to be hurt. The girl's helpless scream pulled me out of my stupor.  I took my phone out and put on my flashlight. I started to shine in the direction of the disgusting man.

I began to scream to help the girl and make as much noise as I can. The man jumped back away from the girl. Just as a group of men speed-walked around the corner. Two tall black men and two Latino men. All of them wore tuxedos. They looked clean and pristine as if they were going to or coming from an expensive dinner party. Or something. The disgusting man's pale face looked around, trying to find a way to run but the tuxedoed men had him cornered. A crowd of people began to circle around the scene. I heard bones crunching as the tuxedoed men beat up the disgusting man. I hurried over to the girl. She shrieked when I went to grab her. I cursed and apologized over and over.

Her clothes were ripped from her body. A bruise covered her left cheek. Another bruise seemed to be blossoming, dark and purple around her neck. Her chest was exposed. A splattering of angry-looking hickeys took their place there. She whimpered when I stepped a little closer. I began to feel so nervous. I wasn't sure how I could make her feel better. "H-hey. The police will be here and they will help you to feel better. You are safe now and I'm only trying to help you. I swear it." She looked at me skeptically and then her look changed as if settling with the fact that I wasn't a threat to her. She inches closer to me. Her skin was tan and scarred. She looked to be around maybe 15 or 16. Her eyes were dark and almond-shaped. Her features were that of the pacific islander people. Samoan or maybe Hawaiian.

She was beautiful even though she was broken. The long waves of her dark hair cascaded past her shoulders and danced at her waist. She looked so young, much younger than me. I was at least 8 years her senior. " Where is your family?" She looked at me with sad eyes and then shook her head. She shivered and crouched closer to me. This was my chance to actually be helpful. I took off my Sweatshirt. I had a long-sleeve pajama shirt under anyways so I was going to be fine. She sat still as I put the sweatshirt over her head. The distant sound of the police ambulance could be heard over the loud crowd and the sputtering rapist man. " What is your name?" I asked her kindly and softly. So that she knew that she didn't need to say anything to me. She looked at me for a moment and then licked her lips. "Nevaeh" Her voice was gruff and hoarse.

"I-I love your name so much." My teeth had begun to chatter. She smiled a small smile and looked over my shoulder. The ambulance was here and ready to take Nevaeh. " Can you walk?" She shook her head. I didn't give her time to feel bad about it. I crouched down and carried her. I cradled her to my chest. She laid her head comfortably on my shoulder.  The paramedics smiled kindly at me and laid Nevaeh on the stretcher.  Before they loaded her into the ambulance she reached for my hand. Something hard and cold was put into my hand. A hair clip. It was blue and it was kind of big it took up space in my palm. Nevaeh smiled at me, muttered a thank you, and then she was loaded onto the stretcher.

The ambulance drove away shortly after

The ambulance drove away shortly after. The crowd had dispersed. Only a few people lingered. The four men in tuxedos were nowhere to be found and the disgusting man was probably on his way to jail. Wow, this was all in one night. The sun looked to be coming up in a few minutes. I walked home exhausted.

Hey beautiful people! Thank you so much for reading I really appreciate it! Don't forget to vote and comment if u can! <33