Birthday Bash!

Firstly We stopped at the closest bakery and ordered the chocolatiest cake that they could bake for us. Mother loved to eat chocolate. Dark chocolate milk chocolate and even white chocolate. Even though it's just sugar. We all know it is, she would never admit it though. My heart swells a little from reminiscing. Aimee points to a cake pop and smiles at me. "Ambre, please?" I nodded absent-mindedly and asked the baker how long it would take for our cake to be ready. Ezra paid for Aimee's cake pop but then caved in and paid for the rest of the girls too because he felt bad. I chuckled uncontrollably at him and wrapped my arm around his waist.

"Come on guys, to the decorating store!" We raced to the car but it was no use, Aimee and Zena won. Ezra was driving now and in no time we were looking up at the big decor building in the mall. The mall was still pretty noisy and full of chatter even though it was evening time. A little boy runs around his mother in a circle, ignoring her scolding and her attempts to catch him. His little sister who sits in a baby carrier shrieks with laughter and claps her hands. The mother rubs her forehead tiredly. A tall skinny man comes out of the coffee shop with a small styrofoam cup and hands it to her, she takes it thankfully, and pops down on the nearest bench.

The father snatches the boy mid-run and sits him on his shoulders as if on timeout. I smile and head into the decor store after Aline and Alizee. Aimee, Zena, and Ezra had already started picking out decorations, most of the colors were rose gold and metallic purples. Pink and purple were the specific colors of the type of statices and chrysanthemums mother loved. She would have loved this party.

Time-lapse: 7 hours

EBONY

"Oliver baby come on! Stop running around we are going to be late!" Oliver ran around in his little pampers his squeals of laughter permeating the air. I stopped to smile and then remembered we had to get going if we were going to get Ms. Feechi in time to drive to Ambre's house.

I Caught up to Oliver who began to screech even louder and twist in my arms

I Caught up to Oliver who began to screech even louder and twist in my arms. I held on tightly and began to dress him in a pale pink vest and pants. He looked so adorable it almost made me cry. I wore a similar pale pink color as him while Mason wore a dark purple dress pants and blazer. Zena was going to wear a matching dress as soon as we arrived at Ambre's.

Ebony's dress:

Mason's dress:

After we all were dressed and situated in Mason's Car we sped off to pick up Ms

After we all were dressed and situated in Mason's Car we sped off to pick up Ms. Feechi, who I loved like a second mother. My mother and father had traveled to Europe a month ago and they would be back in a few weeks so Ms. Feechi was who I went to for anything. I loved her with all my heart. She babysat Oliver, cooked, and cleaned up even though I always told her not to and it just made me love her so much more.

As we arrived at her driveway she stood at her front door. She wore a modest outfit consisting of a flower print midi skirt past her knees and a soft white v-neck blouse with buttons. She looked lovely but even more so when she smiled her broad white smile and her white teeth contrasted against her deep brown skin. She walked up to the car and got in excitedly, pulling at everyone's cheek. Oliver included.

AMBRE:

The party had already begun with streamers and decorations everywhere, bright pinks and purples popping in every room available for the guests to see.  People had already begun to fill into the downstairs foyer and were being led to the big backyard where refreshments and music thumped loudly. Dinner would be served several hours later in the dining room and we didn't want people to see the decorations in there yet. Mother's Cake stood tall and proud on its cake stand. I smiled a big smile when I saw Mason's car begin to pull up into the already crowded parking spaces in the front. I motioned for Aliane to open the garage for them so that they could park inside.

Ebony hopped out of the car before Mason could drive into the garage and gave me a huge hug. "Ambre! Happy birthday to your mother, may she rest in peace." she clasped my hands in her soft slender fingers. I thanked her and eyed her beauty, she was just out of this world. And she wouldn't begin to register just how gorgeous and pure she was to everybody.

I smiled as an older woman stepped out of the car, baby Oliver who isn't very small anymore sat cocked on her hip. His hand grasped at the front of her dress. The lady smiled big at me and came over to give me a side hug. "Ambre, this is Ms. Feechi! She's also from Kenya!" Ebony informed me excitedly, that she looked like a proud mother hen. "You should get to know her, she is amazing!" I nodded sincerely and grasped Ms. Feechi's free hand. "Hello dear, anything you need I can be it for you. You are brave and so strong for being able to take care of your siblings to this point. God bless you."

She spoke so calmly and sweetly to me, that the tears filled my eyes before I realized it. I nodded and wiped them away. "I will not forget your kindness Ms. Feechi." I began to lead the way to the party, the blasting music getting louder as we got closer to the backyard. Zena ran toward us, a huge smile on her face. "Ebi! I need my dress!" Mason and Ebony chuckle at her excitement and bring forward a medium-sized gift bag with purple fabric pocking out the top. Zena took it and ran into the house with Aimee behind her. People were already on the dance floor. Ms. Feechi had Oliver on her lap away from the speakers, they watched as family and friends danced on the dance floor to Afrobeats. Rema had everyone in a chokehold and it wouldn't be a while until that status changed.

I swung my hips as I made my way to the middle of the dance floor, Alaine and Alizee followed behind me. They knew it was about to go down. Ezra watched from a corner too shy to dance but proud enough to let me know he was watching. I realized in this moment I had everything that I could ever ask for. People loved me and I loved them. That was all that mattered.

Hey, my delicious donuts! Thank you all for reading!! Vote and comment plz🩷