Welcome to Cali!🌴🌞💰

EZRA

When I wake up the familiar strong face of my father is near. Accompanied by his snobby wife, who's eyes slithered very suggestively at my body. I pulled the covers over my chest. She jutted out her chin. " Son! I was told you got into a fight! It was about time. You were always so proper and nice. Which if you can already tell, I don't have a cell in my body that harbors any ingredients for that. Must be your mother. It's good to see you have a trait of mine for once."

His grin was big and made his face look funny. Like, he was genuinely happy. What a sicko. I didn't say anything to him, It would be rude and the last time I said what was on my mind someone attempted to mash my face. I sighed and looked around. I could see Nevaeh's blue topknot bun poking from behind my fathers shoulder. She brought her face around his shoulder and smiled a small smile. She held up two fingers and bunny eared him. My mood lifted.

It was obvious I was in a hospital. The smell, the faint beeping. The stupid needle in my arm. For god sakes I was only punched! "Son? You okay? The doctor says you almost broke your jaw but you didn't." I was confused. Then what was the weird crack I heard? "Well that might have been your ears popping." I became even more confused when my father answered my question. Which I was positive I hadn't spoken out loud. "Yes you did." I almost rolled my eyes but I remembered where that got me.

"Well if I'm not hurt can I go home?" I asked my dad. Who. Order eagerly in return. " Then me and you we can hit the strip club. We can go to shooting ranges and shoot stuff up! Your going to love it." My dad was practically buzzing with excitement. I on the other hand could care less about what he had said right now. If he were a good father he would know that I enjoyed reading, drawing, playing and listening to music much more than strip clubs and guns.

This was going to be a long stay.

AMBRE

Nelson sat in the passenger seat, his face cradled in his hand. He looked out the window of yet another car presented to me by Mr and Mrs. DeRose. This one was sleek and black. A Tesla.

Ambre's Tesla

Nelson refused to speak with me and I him

Nelson refused to speak with me and I him. I couldn't believe he did what he did. He deserved everything Nevaeh gave him and more. I was late for my interview with Esmee. Desire sat at the back of the car quietly. The rhythmic sound of her tapping away on her computer bounced around the car. I followed the GPS installed and it led me to a beautiful house.

I was so caught up in Nelson drama that I didn't take my time to appreciate and take in the ways that California is different from New York. There were so many palm trees. There were girls and guys half dressed every where. Everyone seemed to be camera ready.

The house's address read 1313 Cherry pop avenue. What a weird coincidence. Of all the fruits they could have picked and they picked my favorite! Probably why the DeRose couple picked it. It was an adorable house, it wasn't gigantic like the ones I saw when we were driving here. It was perfect, a big pool filled the front, accompanied by a jacuzzi. This was going to be great.