Finally Safe

Celestina rubs her head and turns back around to continue shooting at Anais who seemed to never run out of bullets. "Just hand over Ezra and I will spare your life!" Anais's voice was loud and assertive. I looked over to Celestina who then yelled back "No!" The park was grassless so the tires made the dirt rise in the air. The dirt went into my throat and my eyes, blinding and choking me. I coughed hoarsely and quickly rubbed my eyes. "Ezra the car!" Celestina screeched. I managed to open my eyes when the car jolted forward quickly. "Oh no!" I looked behind me to see Anais had bumped the back of Celestina's car with her car. Her head lay on her steering wheel.

Celestina jumped out of the car to go check out the bump when Anais sat up and jumped out of her car. Her shoulder was bleeding and her teeth were clenched. She was hit by one of the bullets. She staggered toward Celestina. Her shoulder was bleeding even more profusely than I had formerly thought. She swiped her gun at Celestina, trying to hit her across the face. She dodged expertly and landed a punch in Anaises gut. She let out a low groan of pain. "I have one more bullet in here. Gove him to me and I will spare your life. And if not, you know the rest." Her voice was gravelly. Celestina moved me to her back. Protecting me from Anais. "Leave him alone he has done nothing to you. What is wrong with you?" Anais' brow furrowed with anger and she took a step forward.

I spotted some movement from the right far away. A person. Whatever they were doing I hope they realized we were in trouble and got the police here right away. Anais pointed her gun at me and locked eyes with me. "You will not get away alive. I don't hate you, but I have to get to you to get to Ambre. Sorry, not sorry."

WARNING: Slightly Disturbing Imagery

The sound of the gun being cocked sounded in my ears. My heart began to beat wildly. Anais' finger pulled the trigger right as the sound of a gunshot resounded in my ears. Celestina screamed. A spray of blood coated her face and chest. Anais fell to her knees before laying splayed out on her stomach. We could see the blood seeping out of her head. The sight was so gruesome I felt the horrible nauseous feeling of wanting to throw up. Celestina looked around, trying to figure out where the bullet had come from. A short blond lady runs over to us. A panic-stricken facial expression plastered on her face. "Oh. My. God. I literally just shot some lady in her head." She screeched into her apple watch.

She looked at me and Celestina as if about to apologize when a look of recognition crossed her face. "Wait. Your that guy on the news and the radio! Come on! So many people are looking for you. They're willing to pay people thousands of dollars just to find you! What are you doing in this part of town!?" She lunged forward and grasped my hand shaking it hard and strong. Celestina seemed to still be in shock. "I am totally digging this purple look. It's so chic!" The lady pointed to Celestina's now bloodied attire. "My name is Madisyn! You can totally trust me and I know how to find the nearest police station."

TIME-LAPSE: 30 mins

AMBRE

I sat down with my head on Nevaeh's lap she snored lightly wisps of her hair framing her face. I sit up quickly when a police officer comes toward us. "We have found Ezra Collymore he was closer than we thought. He is not hurt but as for the culprit, Anais Dupont, I am sorry to say that she has been shot in the head which was fatal. She is being sent to the hospital." I was ecstatic about Ezra but I couldn't believe it. The world around me seemed to be crashing down. Anais. Was dead? My dear Anais? My heart began to throb painfully. "Ambre? Ambre?" Someone was calling me but it sounded far away. I was being shaken, roughly. Blue hair. Nevaeh. My eyes began to water and my face was wet.

Sudden heat flashes made me sweaty and sticky. "M-my S-sister. S-she, S-she..." Nevaeh held me tight to her body. It felt like I was falling and falling. Over and over again a sickening and nauseating feeling set in my stomach. I was in shock and shook uncontrollably. I was sat down and handed something hot. "Take this here Ambre." It smelled chocolatey. Hot cocoa. Anais's favorite drink. The sound of screaming pierced my ears. I looked around trying to figure out who was screaming. No one. Nevaeh quickly put her hand to my mouth to shush me. It was me, I was the one screaming. The hot cocoa slipped out of my hand and spilled all over my legs and shoes. The searing burn of the drink only welcomed me. Anything else was better than the pain of losing my sister who I wasn't sure I could completely live without.

Who would help me care for the others? Who would joke with me and remind me of the good times? My heart felt as if it was being split in half. The pain was imaginary but it felt as if it was really happening. I could hear Neveah's excited gasp. "Ezra!" I looked up slightly to see Ezra looking as delicious as ever sulk over to Nevaeh before casting a pitiful glance towards me. He grabbed me around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "I didn't do it. Im so sorry this happened." I hugged him back tightly and buried my face in his neck. "I just can't believe it all had to resort to this. My sister is crazy but I still love her." My throat became hoarse, tears prickling my eyes again.  I sniffled.

HEY YALL THX FOR READING! VOTE AND COMMENT IF U CAN!! LOVE YALL <3