A picnic inside

Time-lapse: 1 week

AMBRE

My eyes fly open when I hear the shrill sound of my phone ringing. I had fallen asleep when I was supposed to be looking over documents. I sat up quickly and reached for my phone without looking at the person calling. My breath catches at the deep voice on the other side of the call. "Come downstairs Amber, It's 8 pm. You've been free to leave since 5 pm." Ugh, Nelson. I sigh annoyed at how he thought he could just boss me around. "Nelson I don't have to go anywhere. I'm the boss remember? I have a lot of work to do." I go to cut the phone off but he hangs it up first. He probably gave himself a fist bump for that. I roll my eyes and get back to work, but it's difficult to. I have a crick in my neck.

I'm hungry. I have a small headache and my feet are hurting from my heels. I make a mental note to remember that I can wear some flats. No one was going to kill me. I sit and attempt to finish ff the documents when my office door swings open. I look up a small yelp tumbling from my lips. A pair of hazel eyes look my way, accompanied by a haughty smirk. Nelson walks over to me a small basket in his broad hands. " I was right. You look like shit. You have bags under your eyes. You know just because you are the boss now doesn't mean you have to kill yourself." I looked him square in the face. And then I looked away. That was by far the only thing he had said that was reasonable.  

I roll my eyes and point to the basket. "What's in there?" His smirk grows wider and then he sits in the chairs across from me. He piles all the documents to the side and then places the basket in front of me. He opens up the basket and I can't help the little gasp that leaves my lips. The smell of spices, tomato, cheese, and something cinnamony and sugary wafts out from the basket. I looked up at him. "What is it?! It smells so good! Did you cook this!?" I reach my hand into the basket but Nelson swats my hand. I look up at him with my eyebrows raised. He smiles slowly. "I thought you said that you didn't want to come downstairs huh? Also yes I made everything in there-except for the wine."

I know this dude was not about to do this to me. The food smelled divine. I wasn't sure if it was pizza or lasagne or maybe spaghetti but all of those sounded delicious right now and he wouldn't even let me look.  I hated what I was going to do next but I knew the minds of men like Nelson. I made my voice slightly whiney. "Nelson please, I'm hungry I want to see." I reached my hand over and caress his knuckles. I fought the urge to roll my eyes as Nelson grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips. He placed a lingering kiss there, which made an electric shock shoot up my spine. Why did he make me feel this way? In my heart I know I don't like him, but my body is craving him. I don't think about him but whenever he is close I feel hot and bothered. It is so annoying.

He smiles as if he knows this. "Alright, you can eat." I nod happily and reach for the basket when he catches my hand again. I suppress my sigh so I don't make him annoyed. I was ready to eat. " Under TWO conditions." I frowned at him. " What are the conditions?" I asked quickly. He spoke slowly as if he was trying to make me angry. Like he knew that because I was hungry him stalling was going to make me angry. Which I could tell he relished in. I wasn't going to give in.  "The first condition is that you go on a date with me and the second condition is that you let me feed you." Nelson sat back as if he was making deals with the Mafia. I rolled my eyes. He was so childish. " If we go on a date you better pick somewhere nice with good food or else I will embarrass you and also why do you want to feed me? I'm not a baby!"

Nelson smiled a shy smile. " I just like to okay? And if you don't let me I won't let you have some." he grabs the basket and pulls away. NO! I sit up and smile at him. " Wait! Of course, you can feed me!" I lean closer to him and smile a bright smile. A dark look crosses Nelson's face but I try to look past it. He was probably turned on. What a sick motherfucker. Nelson opens the basket and my eyes are in the second heaven. It was lasagna! And there were cinnamon rolls with a bottle of wine! Nelson scops a great amount of Lasagna onto the plate. I knew I wasn't going to be able to eat it all but I was so hungry I didn't tell him to ease up.

Nelson spoon feeds me slowly and carefully just as if I was a child. It unnerved me slightly and weirded me out. But the food was really good so I didn't really care too much. " So? What do you like to do?" Nelson was trying to make small talk but he didn't give me enough time to answer between bites so in the end. He filled the silence with his own voice. This was a little concerning. This dude was so self-centered. Well at least he talked about his little sister but I didn't catch her name. Before I realized Nelson had fed me the whole plate of lasagna and was now holding a cinnamon role in front of my lips. The smell was so divine but I was so full. So full of lasagna and wine. I started to shake my head and say no but Nelson took that as an opportunity and shoved the cinnamon roll into my mouth.

I frowned at him but I couldn't not eat it. It was in my mouth and it was delicious. I smacked away the next cinnamon roll he tried to fee me, which made him laugh. "Okay so your super wired but you know how to cook really well. Like your food was incredible." I brought the tips of my fingers to my lips and kissed them. I grabbed the documents and tried to get back to work but it was starting to get boring. And I was going to go into a sleep coma. I felt it my eyelids felt heavy. My tired body needs this feast now all that was left was for me to go to sleep. I sigh as Nelson finishes cleaning up. "Nelson I'm tired take me home!"

Nelson smiles a big smile and then he lifts me off my feet. The basket digs into my back but I could really care less. My eyes start to close on their own when Nelson starts to walk. The swaying of his body lulling me to sleep.

Time-Lapse: 1 hour 35 mins

I wake up feeling comfy and warm. The familiar cherry scent of my room reaches my nose. I move to my side and freeze when I feel a warm big body. Oh my god. Nelson. I sat up quickly and rolled off the bed. Nelson laid diagonally on my bed, which was too small for his big frame. He sat up slowly and slightly disoriented.  I grabbed him by his shoulders. Which was fully clothed. What? But I couldn't take any chances. "Nelson! Nelson did we?! Did We do it!?" My heart is thundering and I am shaking.

Hey yall thanks for reading I love you all so much! Don't forget to vote and comment if you can! ❤️❤️💙💙-Ruby