Torture

TIME-LAPSE: 3 hour

EZRA

I didn't know I had fallen asleep until I realized I was opening my eyes. The lights in the room had been dimmed, but still it hurt my eyes. There was nothing or anyone else in the room beside me. And the wooden chair I was sitting on. My body was drenched with perspiration. My heart was beating so hard I could hear it in my ears. "Help! Someone please help me!" I screamed as loud as I could.

A few seconds later I heard rhythmic footsteps coming towards the door. I braced myself. Physically and emotionally.

AMBRE

It was officially a few hours too late for Ezra not to be home. Nevaeh walked back and forth rubbing her hands together. A nervous habit. "Damn it, Nevaeh! Sit down he's probably out with some girl." Ezra's father gritted out at Nevaeh. His wife jutted her chin and agreed with him. Nevaeh rolled her eyes and ignored them. We were at the police station waiting to file missing persons but some lady was holding up the line. Complaining about some dog barking or some shit!

I wanted to yell. Dogs barking at night is not as important as Ezra going missing. The lady finally left when she was promised the police would look into the loud barking. Neveah rolled her eyes again and ran up to the counter. "We would like to file a missing person please?" The police officer stood up straight and grabbed a pencil. And in a gruff voice began to ask questions. "What does this person look like? Male? Female? Short? Tall?" He readied his pencil.

I didn't know why I was just stuck sitting. I cared, I really did, but it was like I couldn't show it. But I was scared. Worried. I loved Ezra. I sat up quickly and joined Nevaeh at the counter. His parents were too immersed in each other to help find him. Such idiots.

Right when Nevaeh had finished describing Ezra the police officer asked. "Has it been 24 hours?" Nevaeh and I looked turned to look each other in the face. I said "Yes!" And Nevaeh said "No!" I guess we weren't there. Not that level of familiarity yet. The police officer looked at us with furrowed eyebrows. He stopped jotting on his notepad.

"Well whatever it is, we have an official protocol where we wait 24 hours before we presume someone missing." Nevaeh gasped. "What if he fucking dies by then?!" The police officer's expression softens. "Look ma'am I'm only doing my job. I'm sorry. Come back in 24 hours."

I reluctantly pulled Nevaeh from the counter. "Come on Nevaeh it will be okay. He probably just..." I tried to think of anything. Anything to make ourselves feel better, but nothing. I sighed.

EZRA

the door burst open and in came Nelson and the girl. "Hello dear Ezra! How is everything going? Thirsty yet? Hungry yet?" I nodded even though I knew I wasn't going to get anything. The girl laughed a loud cackling laughter and then slowly reached her hand to my face. I tried not to pull back. But failed. Anger flashes through her eyes and then before I realized what was going to happen, she pulled the duct tape from my lips hard.

A choked sob escaped my mouth. A searing pain engulfs my cheeks and mouth. She smiles at my pain. "Babe get the camera. This is going to be good!" So I was right. They were together. I looked up at Nelson. "Nelson please." My voice was feeble and low. Hoarse. I didn't know what I expected. I knew he wouldn't have set me free or gotten me a bottle of water. So I almost gasped when I heard the next words that came out of his mouth. "Maybe we should untie him. Let him roam. Anais, he is probably dehydrated. We can't have a dead body amongst us."

His girl's smile dropped quickly and turned into a nasty glare. "Nelson no! I am the boss. We have to hurt Ambre and if we hurt him then she will be hurt. So, come on! Get the fucking camera!"

Ambre? Anais? Did she know her? I looked up to see Nelson holding a camera on me. His face was, expressionless but his lips were set in a grim line. I didn't have time to dwell on his face because a choked scream jumped out of my mouth when a splitting pain blossomed on my cheeks. Anais laughed happily. Although she cradled her hand to her body.

I heard the click of the camera. My cheek was burning and I didn't have to look in a mirror to know that my face was as bright as a cherry. "Now we just have to send it to her. Don't wait any longer." She clapped giddily. It was then that I became truly scared. She must have been delusional. A psychopath.

AMBRE

I leaped quickly to my phone when the sound of a text message coming through sounded. Ezra? I sighed. It was from a number I had never seen before. A video was all that was sent. I was bumed it wasnt Ezra. I pressedmthe play button and gasped at what I witnessed. It was Ezra sitting in a chair, bound and looking helpless. My heart dropped to my feet. A hand came out of no where and landed a hard punch on his face. I screamed. "Nevaeh! Come! come! We have to go to the police station!" I heard Neveah pounding down the stairs right as another ping came, this time it was a picture.

I gasped. It was a close-up picture of Ezra's face. The outcome of being punched so hard. His sensitive skin had a large purple bruise starting to form his face was flushed, his eyebrows furrowed. Even when angry he looked so sweet. Neveah and rushed to the police station. This time we didnt wait in line we ran in front of everyone. The stupid dog complaining lady was still here.

I pushed her out of the way and banged on the counter for the police's attention. "Excuse me! He has been ubducted! I have a video from his captors right here! You need to start looking for him right now!" The police officer took my phone calmly and looked at the video and picture. Nevaeh stood next to me.

Biting her fingers viciously. I grabbed her hand from her face and held it. "Stop it. We will find him." I needed to believe those words more than ever.

AUTHORS NOTE: HEYYYYY!!!! THX FOR READING. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU CAN<33 🥰❤️💜💙💚🧡💛