16: Noticing

~

♫ About Her ♪

~

It was Saturday morning. Kanghyun rubs his eyes as he checks the time on his phone. He realized then, that he had overslept as it was nearing afternoon. Yesterday's band practice really did wear him out. Not to mention the test he had that morning too.

He sits up after a while, pushing the covers off his body before heading downstairs, where he was met with the scent of toasted bread in the air and Yonghoon in the kitchen.

"Hyung?" His housemate turns around at the call.

"Oh! You're finally awake Kangie," Yonghoon chirps at the sight of the other.

Kanghyun was wondering what he was doing. That was until he sees the plated food on the counter.

"Look, I made french toast!" Yonghoon proudly shows the said meal with a wide grin. Kanghyun was surprised because oddly enough...it looks alright.

"Wait, you made this?" Yonghoon simply nods at the question.

Kanghyun leans closer to the french toast, inspecting it more closely.

The nicely cut strawberry and not-too-burnt of a toast made it impossible for Kanghyun to believe it was made by Yonghoon. When did he get this good?

"And here I thought you had cursed hands, or at least that's what you told me hyung," he comments, perking an eyebrow at the other who lets out a sheepish laugh.

"It wasn't that difficult. Apparently, I can do it when there are instructions aha," he rubs the back of his head.

"Does this means you'll be cooking from now on?" Though he knew Kanghyun was joking, Yonghoon still had a moment of panic rushing through him.

"Keep your dreams small Kanghyun! I've only started..."

Kanghyun laughs at Yonghoon's child-like frown. Nudging the other's arm to say he was just joking.

"Anyway, you should eat. You haven't woken up until just now. Your stomach must be empty." Yonghoon pushes Kanghyun by the back towards their small dining table. Telling the boy to sit down as he pulls the chair back for him. Kanghyun perks an eyebrow at the gesture. Nonetheless, he takes the seat.

"What about you hyung?" Kanghyun asks as he turns to look at the older behind him.

"Ohー uh- don't worry about me. I...already ate!" Yonghoon pats-down on Kanghyun's shoulders, reassuring the other.

Kanghyun could hear the lie, but even if mention it, Yonghoon will most probably say the same thing.

He shifts his eyes down, noticing the bandaid wrapped tightly around Yonghoon's index finger.

The older wondered what Kanghyun was looking at until he followed the other's eyes. He immediately hides the hand behind his back, proceeding to nervously laugh shortly after.