19.

Jin's POV:

"AAAAAAAPPAAAAAA" the clear, siren-like voice echoed through the house, reverberating from every wall and possible surface. It was clearly a talent of Hobis shouting so loudly that howling only one time sent me scrambling, leaving everything as it was and starting to frantically search for the injured, hurt or upset child. Just to make it stop. Just to make him stop.

Save me.

"Hobi. Hobi, where are you?" I answered, trying to keep calm and keeping the urge to lift my hands and rip my ears off under control.

I am a singer—a professional one at that. I need my ears. They were necessary for my job.

But Hobi didn't hear my call. He was too busy howling again and again and again, never-ending, never stopping.

"HOSEOK!" I yelled, watching the bubbles in the sink popping and forming again.

"APPA!" He answered, three volumes higher.

And then I heard the hurried steps of a terribly upset kid. Hoseok.

He threw himself onto my legs, hugging them tightly and smearing his snot all over my freshly washed pants.

Stay calm. Stay cool, Jinnie. It's okay. I thought as I watched some more bubbles pop while simultaneously contemplating if it was possible to drown myself in the sink. Just imagine those headlines:

>Famous actor drowned in kitchen sink, 5 sons watch<

Nah, unfortunately, that wasn't an option as a responsible adult. Not that I cared about the trauma the kids would take out of it – they were way too exhausting today to care about anything at all – but because then Joon would be alone with all 5 of them. I guess he would be way more creative in ending his life than I was.

I shook my head and exhaled. If anything, Joon needed to stay alive.

"Hey, buddy? What's wrong?" I asked the sobbing kid, trying to crouch down to his level. Hoseok first clung to my leg like a lifeline and then decided that a hug was a much better option.

Great, now I had snot on my pants and on my shirt. 2 at a price for 1. What a purchase! Lucky me!

Nevertheless, I hugged him close to me, stroking over his soft, dark hair.

Hoseok was upset all day today. Either he was getting sick, or he had a really, really bad day.

"Appa," he sniffed, crumbling my shirt into his tiny fists, trying to sneakily wipe off his nose on my Vuitton sweater. I decided to gracefully ignore it.

"Kookie is eating my sock," he cried heartbreakingly as if the world was ending.

Hold up! - Kookie was what?

I waited for the funny feeling of utter surprise and shock that would pool in my stomach and soon would curse through my veins, leaving me in disbelief, calling for all the gods, and questioning why they decided to leave my kids. Especially Jungkook seemed to be very abandoned by any sense, godly guidance, and reason. But that particular cocktail of surprise and shock - didn't settle. Not at all. Somehow, this antic seemed minor. Almost normal. Doable.

Seriously that kid!

All of a sudden, I felt like crying.

"And your little brother munching on your sock is upsetting you really bad?" I tried to ask, very comforting.

Hobi just nodded, and I glanced back up to the sink, wondering if drowning was really not an option.

"But, sweetie, if your sock would be where it belonged – your foot – I wouldn't think you would have that problem,"