14.

First of all! HI!
I missed you all! And I am terribly sorry that I haven't updated for nearly an eternity.
I would really love to write more but unfortunately, I can't. I am swamped with school work... let's say thank you Corona!
Right now, I am procrastinating... not a really grown-up way to deal with stress and piles of work- I know- but I can't help it. I absolutely don't want to do any studying right now. I would rather write...
Which brings me to the following chapter.

Some of you requested this, and I am really happy to write out this situation since I was thinking about doing it for a long time already!

BTW I am really happy about every message and comment I receive! It's truly great and boosts my mood.
So, the thing is, this book isn't really in chronological order, so I just wanted you to know, that we kinda moved further back for this chapter. Probably one of the first few weeks in the new house in America.

So! I hope that's okay for all of you and not all too complicated and confusing!
I really hope you will enjoy this chapter and all stay healthy and safe!
Let's pull through these complicated times together!

Fighting <3

Namjoon's POV:

The darkness slowly faded, turning into grey and purple hues, as the sun tried to fight its way through the thick clouds.
It was calm and silent, the house was fast asleep and I drunk in the peace that surrounded me.

I felt comfortable. A kind of comfortable that lets you fall into a very satisfied mood. I sat in the perfect position in the red chair, the blanked covered me just right and made me feel warm enough.

The book I was enjoying up till now was something that kept my mind busy. Something that kept my thoughts spinning.

In this semi-awake state of chasing after thoughts and staring outside the window, while the book laid on my lap, up-side-down and open, and my hands grasped the colorful coffee-mug, that had the childish scribbles of Yoongi as a design.

It was one of his kindergarten works and very cute.

It showed me, Hoseok, Yoongi, and Tae, playing with a ball, and further on the side, was my ex-wife, frowning and watching us.

The ball was of bright yellow color, and at first, I thought, we were playing with the sun, which caused a giggle fit from Hobi as I mentioned it ("Appa! You are silly! The sun is really, really, really hot! You can't play with it! You'll hurt yourself!" Damn me for reading the damn space lexicon to them), and an offended gasp from Yoongi.

Back in those days, Tae was still a baby and rather looked like a worm with a big face than an actual person, while the rest of us were stick-people with messy square- and triangle-shaped clothing.

I had died my hair in a greyish color back then, letting me kind of look like a grandpa. Yoongi's hair was green and Hobi's was red. When Yoongi was about four years old, he wanted to have everything as colorful as possible. That's why he decided to give him and his brother bright hair colors.

He was so cute back then, with his chubby- jiggling cheeks, his lisp, and how he couldn't pronounce his name in the right way.

This cup was definitely one of my most favorite cups. Closely followed by Hoseok's creation. But the rascal refused to draw his family and rather drew a puppy (more looking like a dinosaur than anything else) and a really big sun.

Priorities.

A slight smile stole itself on my lips as I looked down on the cup with the steaming hot, black liquid in it, taking a careful sip.