7.

Jin's POV:

Immense shifting on my right side and a terrible dry feeling in my throat woke me up.
Paired with the unsettling idea, that something wasn't right.

One could've assumed, that I suffered from a nightmare, but if I did, I couldn't remember it right now.

My bedsheets shuffled as I hastily sat up, my eyes perfectly well adjusted to the semi-darkness that was surrounding me.

Everything was, where it should be. The windows were open, a chilly -but not cold- breeze was letting the white curtains dance to the faint melody of the night and our perfectly unsynchronized heartbeats.

Everything seemed to be a shadow, seemed to be in place.

And still, something was quite upsetting.

My hand moved to my throat, touching it, as if it would chance something on me being thirsty.

I guess it was just mechanism.

I blinked as I battled my body too stay awake, my eyes closing at an alarming speed, almost sending myself off to dreamland for several times again.

Yes, I was thirsty, but apparently not thirsty enough to move my bare feet out from under the cover and let them touch the cold wooden floor.

Activate my muscles and let myself wander through the house like a zombie, in order to find something to drink.

It would be a waste.

Especially since I would lose that nice sleepy feeling I had and the perfect sleeping position.

It was a lot to give up for that mere glass of water, my body demanded so harshly.

Maybe Namjoon could get me it.

But that would be mean, to wake him up at two am in the morning telling him he should get me a glass of water, wouldn't it?

So I sighed and glanced over to the faint shillouette of my sprawled out boyfriend that was laying right next to me.

His chest moved up and down, up and down. But faster than it actually should.

Irritated I knitted my eyebrows together, titling my head, fully awake now, while I tried to process, why my lover was breathing faster than anyone who sleeps peacefully would do.

Maybe he was having a nightmare?

But while I considered how to wake him up and free him from the claws of the invinsible monsters that dared to haunt him in his sleep, my ears caught up a weird sound.

It almost was like a sniff.

Was Namjoon sniffing?

Was he crying?

Why was he crying?

Who did I need to punch?

Dumbfounded, I blinked, stretched my arm out to gently touch his shoulder and not so gently but rather blunt blurted out: "are you crying?"

Namjoon visibly tensed under my touch and the words that left my mouth.

The sniffling stopped and I had the weird idea that he was pretending to be asleep, just like any kid would do.

"Don't play with me, Joon. Are you crying?" I piped up again, sounding rather insensitive.

I knew that it wasnt ideal, but I was irritated by the situation.

Why was he crying all alone, right next to me? Why wouldn't he confide in me and discuss his problems?

I was here. I was ready to listen, ready to beat those bullies asses. I loved him.