16.

Jin's POV:

"Isn't it so exciting that Yoongi is going back to school and can make new friends?", I smiled towards Hoseok, who looked at me with big eyes.

"Yeah! But I would like to go to kindergarten as well again!" He complained, managing to frown and pout at the same time, looking like a totally confused, but nevertheless adorable puppy.

"Don't worry" I laughed out, ruffling through his hair, "Your Appa and I are working on it!" I promised and his eyes lit up like Christmas lights.

All of a sudden, he was vibrating with excitement, throwing up his hands, yelling "I can't wait!" then he halted in his movements and froze.

"Wait, but why isn't hyungie excited? Is school a really bad place?" Hobi titled his head and stared at me, somehow seeming frightened now.

"no, I don't think school is a bad place" I shook my head firmly... It wasn't that bad, right? "I just think your hyungie is a bit scared and intimidated because he knows no one there. I guess he needs a bit of cheering up!" I tried to sound enthusiastic.

Hoseok sniffled and a fiery determination settled in his eyes. "I will cheer him up! Hyungie will make a lot of friends! And then he brings them all over and we can play together!" he grinned and then hopped off my lap, where he seconds ago, snuggled up to my chest.

He and Yoongi had a fight a few minutes ago, that ended with yelling and mean words, causing Hoseok to burst out crying and Yoongi running into his room again. The youngest three fled the crime scene and hid in the living room, not really amused that their happy playing was being interrupted.

Jimin baited Kookie with the toy cow they were fighting about before, running in front of him, and cooing a sweet "Kookie!", halting in his steps, whenever Jungkook needed more time to catch up. Jungkookie was waddling behind him, guarded by Taehyung, who tried to encourage the baby to go faster.

All the while, Jimin was shaking the cow, showing it to Kookie over and over again. And that is the story, how Tae a Minnie managed to get their little, stubborn brother into the living room.

For now, they were quiet, and I managed to calm down Hoseok's crying fit, which was good.

Let's see how long the peace will reign in our four walls now.

Maybe half an hour? If I was lucky?

I sighed, my eyes wandering over to the clock that hung in the kitchen. The time was ticking away, with every second, the boys were growing up and I was growing older. I knew that I should treasure every second of this chaos, but it was hard.

Parenting was hard. You wanted to kill them one by one, for just a few, quiet and calm minutes, and yet you loved them to their bits and pieces and you would go fucking berserk and kill an Army if it would be required to keep them happy and healthy.

And the time was still ticking away.

Slowly, surely, and steadily.

A day could seem like an eternity, and yet a year was over in the blink of an eye.

"Go away, Hobi!" Yoongi's scream startled me awake of my reminiscing thoughts.

Congratulations for losing the bet, Seokjin, it has been approximately a minute and 16 seconds of silence and harmony.

Maybe that even was a new record? I didn't even know now.

"Don't be so – uhhh, dramamaramamaraatic?" Hoseok struggled and continued to knock on his hyungs closed room door.