01. Complaints

In a quiet office filled with the stench of alcohol and cleaning detergents (prefferably the ones that kills 99.9 percent of germs), Y/n remained still. Arms and legs crossed as she sat on the sofa of Overhaul's office. She was staring at the busy guardian figure while he was reading some short paperwork.

The man who infiltrated the laboratory where she was held in torturous experiment for days before he came and killed the doctors who were there, stumbling upon her and tried to kill her as well but failed as she herself has a regenerative ability that was not even considered a quirk.

As he had taken a liking to the child, decided to take her in as his adoptive ward after the appeal of custody battle against the heroes who pitied the child's disposition, not knowing that the one who won against them was the mafia known as shie hessaikai.

His custody win is not just a an advantage for Y/n, but Overhaul also had a good slap on heroes who thinks they could always get what they want even if it mattered in the government. It also proved that his connections are still loyal and useful at times.

And right now, Y/n was actually having quite a privileged life with Eri despite others thinking otherwise.

Taking the stare long enough, he stopped reading-- actually he already stopped long since he was distracted in the first place and met her e/c eyes. "What is it?" He asked.

"Is quirk that important?" Y/n asked him seriously.

"It isn't. It's a disease that corrupt this world." He replied, more than happy to say how much quirk disgust him. Heck if he could influence her with this, the better.

Y/n nodded. "Quirk may have been convenient..." she started, placing a hand on her chin in distaste before continuing to speak. "But heroes becomes dumb because of it."

Overhaul blinked twice, surprise since Y/n herself is part of a prestigeous hero school and is in hero course. Watching how serious she looked when she said that, a frown deepens in her delicate brows. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"I've been engaging through hero work for a month now." She started and the mafia man looked more surprised.

She's been out doing risky things... and her guards isn't reporting anything to him... for a month now?! His face darkened as he listened to her thoughts.

"But whenever I come as a back up and ask them why they don't do anything about it... they say it's quirk incompatibility." She explained. "I just thought that it made no sense at all."

Overhaul sighed. "Heroes do things for money and fame. Getting defeated by one make their market gross lower so heroes tend to make sure they win first before engaging." He explained.

"So hero work is profitable?" She mumbled thoughtfully,  her frown deepening the more she thought about it. She was actually aware that it's a payable career, but thinking about profit and not service... it tasted different in her tongue.

"Yes. That is the problem in this society." Overhaul nodded. "That sickness just make thing unorganized."

Although Y/n have thought once that Overhaul was a hypocrite, he was fairly right. But if we're talking about this world right now, quirk is a natural thing here. Removing it means removing a part of the world that made it what it is... at the same time the idea didn't sound so bad at all. After all, Y/n and the rest of the survey corps have a closely similar goal: to erase all titans in existence.

It may have been a good idea, but using Eri is not so Y/n decided to keep quiet despite being the one who started the conversation.

"So, Y/n." Overhaul started as the girl looks up at him questioningly. His face still hinted darkly making the girl confused. "Why didn't you tell me that you had your hero license?" He asked.