12. Another Day

Soooo... let's have an attendance check!

.

"So we watched the news." Chrono seriously started upon Y/n entering the office door.

As usual, he was standing beside the seated boss holding to the remote control for dear life as he stared at the girl who looked very clueless and was surprised when he said that.

"Then you've seen him, right?" Her face was bright. A hope radiating in her eyes as she spoke. Overhaul saw his brother, then maybe he'll let her live here! "You two have a lot of similarities." She smiled.

"What?"

Overhaul looked unimpressed.

Chrono sighed. Wrong words, Y/n. Please don't be oblivious and realize that you said the wrong choice of words!

But Y/n didn't seem to have realize the change in his tone. "Yes. He likes things clean."

"Y/n." chrono intervened to calm the other. "How old is he?"

"He's 34 now--"

The two adults in the room took a deep deep breath. They were managing their faces as it contorted from shock. An irk mark blooming from their faces.

Overhaul calmed himself and slowly and somehow nicely asked. "How old is he again?" He asked.

"34... Or actually 35..." Y/n thoughtfully said.

Chisaki Kai, for the life of him, at the age of 24, has never been so mad that he wanted to chase someone to the ends of the world right now.

But Chrono stopped him again. "Just to be sure..." the underling said. "Who is he to you?" He asked.

"He's my brother." She answered. "Although, we are not exactly siblings. We're cousins. But he took care of me like how a brother should." She explained.

"Alright." As if a very strong super hurricane had stopped, an imaginary rainbow along with a paradise appeared behind the two who were emitting dark aura earlier.

"Were you happy to see him?" The two had finally calmed down.

"I am, very." She responded.

Overhaul and Chrono sighed. Y/n tilted her head confused while watching the two on the verge of collapsing... with relief.

"Are you two alright?" She asked.

"Yes." Chrono responded. "You should probably go and rest now. You've been through a lot today."

The girl hummed. Well indeed... she's got it rough today. Kidnapped, fought, lose, met her family after a long time. Only now was she able to realize that tireness she's feeling making her nod and turn around.

She's going to see Eri first and tell her the good news! If possible, convince Overhaul as well if it's okay if they live here.

The thought made her stop.

Considering that Levi and Overhaul both have this kind of 'attitude', she didn't know if He'll actually agree. Besides... it was supposedly 'opposites attract' not 'similars attract'.

They just basically sounds like soulmates.

Arriving at her room, she found Eri hugging the teddy bear she gifted that Shinso chose. Now that Y/n thought about it, she hadn't made it up to him eversince all the events that happened in the past months.

She was busy with hero work and her classmates were being a little bit too clingy after the boys' disappearance. It felt like they were afraid that one of them might go missing again without knowing. Which is why, she didn't get to talk to him, but she did appear to say hello briefly when they pass each other.