13. Murderer

Three hours ago...

"Manako-chan..." in the crowd of millions, the conversation that was centred in this two individuals were special.

They were holding each other's hand, the warmth of their skin onto each other's palm held an amazing comfort only they could have with each other.

"What is it, Takahashi?" The young woman presumably the one named Manako turned towards the young man who called her name with a soft response.

"Uhm...." he blushed profusely, scratching the back of his neck with his free hand. "Happy fifth year anniversary." He smiled.

She giggled. "Happy fifth year anniversary." She gave him a short peck and giggled, but a force suddenly pushed her away that caused her to fall on her knees.

She turned around towards her husband. Light emitted from the sky that made her close her eyes. When she opened them back, her husband was gone and screams became apparent nearby.

.

.

.

Three Hours Later...

When Y/n, Sasha and Hange arrived to the scene of their responsibility,  two fifteen meters has already been sighted by following the people who are in chaos.

None could inevitably kill something as big as that! Also, they didn't have the right equipments yet.

The three women made their way to the police line to meet up with other heroes who were currently evacuating as much people as they could.

"Tell me the situation." Y/n spoke calmly.

"The response was late, the giants had eaten approximately a hundred already." The hero explained.

"Please! Please don't kill him!" A woman cried trying to let loose from police hold. She desperately looked at the titan who has been chasing a few people on the other corner. "He can still turn back! Please!

Sasha looked at the woman confused. "Why is she like that?" She asked.

The heroes looked at her before looking at Y/n. "Turns out that one of those cannibalistic giants was her husband." He explained.

Her husband... the word stretched out greatly into Y/n's ear as she glanced at the woman.

"Once you turn into a titan, there's no other possible ways for you to be set back. Unless you ate someone who has the ability to do so." Hange explained.

The hero looked at the people on Y/n's back again, now even more confused because of the identical hero costume they were wearing.

When Y/n noticed his estranged look, she spoke. "They are soldiers who specializes titan slaying in my country. They are part of the elite squad." She explained.

"I see." The hero nodded, accepting the idea. "But how are we going to handle the titan?"

"Kill it."

"No, please! I beg you!" The woman had heard of the conversation and ran towards them with pleading eyes.

"But ma'am." Sasha looked at her with pity.

"I'm pregnant! He's the father of my child! Please, please, I beg you! Don't kill him!" She knelt down in front of Y/n, holding on to her hand while the other police tried to handle her off more gently now.

Y/n stared at her pleading eyes that if it may wish to do so, it might tear up blood.

"You also have a family right?!" The woman desperately talked. "That man! We promised to build a family! We weren't expecting this to happen! We didn't know it will happen! Save him, please!"