𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

。*゚+.*.。 —— ゚+..。*゚+

Yeona sighed as she waited for the last bus of the night, tugging her duffle bag closer to her body. She didn't expect to be back in Seoul so soon but her grandparents figured that the three months that she had spent in the States was enough time to heal, so they made her go back home.

Home. Yeona scoffed. She despised home. Her workaholic father who seemed to only care about her when it involved her grades was never home. The house had always been empty ever since her mother passed when she was in elementary school. Her mother had been sick for as long as she could remember and she was so young that she didn't get to properly mourn her death. She had never properly processed what had happened...but when her best friend took his own life...

Yeona sighed, sadness and guilt overwhelming her. She missed him.

She looked over at the sound of the bus and stood up, two other people who had been waiting for the bus standing as well. She let them board first and pulled out her bus pass. She had kept it in her wallet even though she swore that she never wanted to come back. She boarded the bus and gave the driver a polite smile as she scanned the pass and went over to an empty seat by the window.

It wasn't until they were passing by a specific building that Yeona decided she didn't want to go home yet. She wanted to spend her last couple of hours preparing herself for the trouble that she would be putting herself through when she goes back to school the next day.

She asked the bus driver to get off the bus a little ways down from her destination. After thanking the driver, she got off and slowly walked to the building, her gaze slowly making its way to the top. The last place that he...

Yeona swallowed back her sadness and made her way into the building, blending in with a group that had made their way inside. She walked over to where she knew the stairwell was located and pulled open the door, rushing up the steps. By the time she made it to the top, she felt winded, her heartbeat beating erratically and irregularly. She had recently been diagnosed with an arrhythmia condition was acting up more now than usual from the exercise and her medication was at the bottom of her duffle bag. It wasn't a life threatening case by any means, and if anything, it was a mere inconvenience, but it sure did hurt sometimes. She paused before the door that led to the rooftop, catching her breath and allowing her heart to calm down by taking deep, even breaths.

After a few minutes, when she finally got her breathing under control and her heart was beating more properly, she opened the door and walked out onto the rooftop, admiring the view of the lit up city. Seoul had always been gorgeous this time of night, something that Yeona could appreciate about the city that she disliked. She set her duffle bag down by the ledge and climbed up, letting her legs hang off of the edge.

She knew this was extremely dangerous and if someone down below saw her, they would probably call the police on her, but at that moment she didn't care.

She breathed out a sigh, a light smile gracing her face as she felt the cold breeze brush against her skin. As much as she hated Seoul, she couldn't help but admire it as well. It truly was beautiful and the cold weather comforted her in a way that she couldn't understand, but was grateful for.

Her thoughts shifted to Jung Seyeon. Her best friend had left this cruel world and she couldn't help the guilt that arose whenever she thought of his reasonings for doing so. She felt responsible for not picking up his calls and for not getting to him fast enough after she had listened to the voicemail that he had left her. If only she had been there for him... She dug her phone out of her jacket pocket and pulled up the voicemail that still haunted her thoughts. She stared at his name, tearing up at the heart emoji that Seyeon had put next to his own name the day they had become friends.