𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

Yeona walked the school grounds early the next morning trying her best not to show the discomfort that she was currently feeling. When she had woken up that morning, it was extremely difficult for her to get up; the soreness of her body and the bruising that she knew she must have around her torso making it to where she had to maneuver her body a certain way so it didn't hurt as bad.

She had in fact checked in the mirror and the bruising around her midsection were not pretty, but the longer she stood and moved the more she got used to the pain so that was what she was currently doing - walking aimlessly around campus to get used to the feeling.

The damage to her face wasn't as bad so she just applied a light layer of makeup and then another bandaid to cover the split skin on her cheek. She felt more comfortable with her 'I fell down' excuse since Suho had believed her.

She felt bad about the lying but knew that it would be for the better since her friends despised Sungyong and Park Semi's group as much as she did. Getting ganged up on by Semi would not slide with Suho and especially Han Seojun... She shivered at the thought of Seojun finding out...

As she rounded one of the buildings she spotted Im Jugyeong talking with... Kang Soojin. Jugyeong didn't look too thrilled. She listened in on the conversation and didn't like what she was hearing...

"Soojin... I actually have something to tell you." Jugyeong told the girl, slowly shifting her gaze from the ground to the girl that was sitting next to her on the bench they were occupying.

"What is it?" She asked, looking over. Her expression shifted and she cut Jugyeong's next words off, "Actually, I have something I want to tell you too. You remember how you told me about how you didn't want people seeing your bare face?"

Yeona's eyes widened at how easily she spoke of it while other people were around, not liking where the conversation was going at all.

"I have a secret as well. My dad hits me." She admitted, looking somewhat defeated as the words left her mouth.

Jugyeong's jaw dropped, "What?"

"I hide it well, huh?" She let out a dry laugh, "Well... Suho knew about it all along and tries to shield me from it. Now that he has seen me without my mask...I don't think I can keep pretending." She looked Jugyeong straight into her eyes, her expression shifting into one that Yeona couldn't exactly pinpoint, "Pretending not to like him and to continue just being friends."

Yeona watched as her best friend's expression dropped, knowing where Kang Soojin was going with her little speech. She could read the thoughts going through her mind from where she stood a few feet away.

"I like Lee Suho." She confessed, turning back to staring at the passing students, "It's getting hard to treat him like before." She smiled and looked back over to Jugyeong, "I'm telling you this because I feel frustrated...and because you're one of my best friends."

Jugyeong looked as if she was going to throw up, her skin pale and eyes in a daze.

"Why do you look startled?" Soojin asked, standing up from her spot, "Let's go inside."

Jugyeong slowly looked up, nodding, "Okay."

Yeona took that as her cue to move, walking over to the two girls, "Jugyeong! I've been looking for you everywhere!"

Both girls' eyes landed on Yeona who now stood in front of them with a small smile, "Hey Soojin. Hope you don't mind if I steal her? We were talking about a show last night and didn't get to finish."