𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

Something that Yeona had always wondered about was the reasonings behind spreading rumors around school. Whether it be about how someone had made a complete fool of themselves while confessing their love for someone or about potential and upcoming couples, Yeona found all of it to be irritating.

She understood that people wanted something to talk about but they always found a topic at the expense of others, today being about her.

When she had told Im Jugyeong that the rumors about her would blow over, she didn't think it would be because someone started one about her and Ahn Yeonghwa.

She didn't think much of the weird stares that she had received upon arriving at the school, walking with Suho like she normally did every morning, that was until she overheard a conversation with two girls.

"I can't believe she's dating the new guy already. Talk about a boy hopper..."

She was mildly confused at that statement until they had reached class and Sooah immediately bombarded her with a slew of questions.

"Is it true?! Kim Yeona, why didn't you tell me! I'm so insanely frustrated right now!" Sooah cried out, grabbing Yeona by the shoulders and shaking her back and forth.

Yeona took a hold of Sooah's wrists, stopping her with a confused expression, "What are you talking about?"

Sooah scrunched up her nose, "Don't play dumb with me, Yeona! You know what I'm talking about!" At Yeona's never-changing confused expression, she faltered, "You do know... don't you?"

Yeona shook her head, raising an eyebrow at the peppy girl, "No, I don't."

Taehoon who had been standing a few feet away groaned, "It's not true guys. She wouldn't act that way if it was." He announced, looking deflated as he went to sit at his desk.

Yeona looked around the class to see that all eyes were on her, "What's going on?"

Sooah sighed, "I heard that you were dating the new kid, Ahn Yeonghwa."

Yeona's face morphed into an annoyed one, "Are you serious? It's been one day since he arrived and there's already rumors about him? Why did they choose me for this?"

Sooah gave her a pointed glance, "You were seen in the hallway with him yesterday. Apparently you two were very fond of each other..." She trailed off, walking to her desk as she left the statement open for rebuttal.

Yeona sighed, shaking her head, "I honestly don't have to address this, as I talked about yesterday," She said, referring to when she had backed Jugyeong over her dating rumors, "But I will. I'm not dating anyone. Ahn Yeonghwa and I were friends before he was transferred. That's why we looked 'very fond of eachother' yesterday."

Han Seojun, who had been sitting at his desk seemingly disinterested, piped in, "It's true. I ran into them one day." He commented, not going into further detail about their meetup that had involved Lee Sungyong and Park Semi. Yeona gave him a grateful smile.

Hyunkyu frowned, "Man, I really wanted it to be true."

Yeona rolled her eyes as she headed to her seat, "You always want the rumors to be true." She muttered, falling into the chair.

Jugyeong gave her a playful smile, "At least it's not me this time."

Yeona snorted at that, "Yeah, I did tell you something else would happen and now look, no one will mention anything about your supposed date."

Her best friend laughed, "Thank god. I think I told at least a hundred people that it wasn't true yesterday. Half of them didn't even believe me. Why ask if you're not gonna take what I say seriously."