𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

Yeona did not quite remember how she made it inside that night but when she woke up the next morning, she was in her bed while still wearing the school uniform, minus the blazer which was hanging from her desk chair across the room.

She cursed at the amount of wrinkles that were now in the pleated skirt, going to her closet and grabbing another identical skirt along with a shirt and sweater that she could wear with her uniform. She quickly changed and got ready for the day ahead of her, already wanting it to end.

When she came downstairs, she noticed a suitcase by the front door and frowned.

Her father must be home... Great...

"Kim Yeona, come to the kitchen!" Her father's assistant called out. Yeona pursed her lips and sent a silent prayer to the Gods above, hoping that they heard her cries for help.

She made her way to the kitchen to see Park Mansik sitting at the head of the table, Choi Hyeji sitting adjacent to him, tapping away at her phone. Her father looked displeased and the assistant looked annoyed, like the thought of having Yeona in the same room as her was putting a downer on her day. She bowed and put her hands behind her back once she was standing upright.

"Yes?" She asked as politely as she could muster, looking at her father expectantly.

Hyeji started speaking, "We have a couple of questions before you run off to school." She sounded a little too smug for her liking.

Yeona clenched her fist out of anxiety, "Yes?"

"Well... You came home pretty late last night. Your father just happened to be asleep when you were dropped off," Yeona felt her heart drop to her stomach, already knowing where this conversation was heading, "I just happened to be outside on the front porch when you two pulled up in a taxi. Imagine my surprise when a strange boy gets out and has to carry you because you were sound asleep?"

Her father's gaze shot up to her in question, as if he hadn't been informed of this yet, "Excuse me?"

"He didn't tell me much, just that you had an exhausting day and fell asleep on the ride home. Now, I don't know if I quite believe him, he looked to be a troublemaker... He carried you to your room and I made sure to see him out." She looked up from her phone, as if she had been reading from it the whole time and had a smirk on her face.

Park Mansik crossed his arms over his chest, not looking entirely too happy about the news, "Explain this right now."

Yeona wanted to punch Choi Hyeji.

"I don't know what you're trying to imply," Yeona spoke, referring to the assistant's choice of words, "But we had an intense study group last night and it ran late. You can ask Lee Suho, he was there." It was a lie, but how could she tell them the truth?

"Why didn't Lee Suho take you home?" Her father asked, seemingly offended at the idea of his closest business partners' son not taking the responsibility in her safety.

"He took Kang Soojin and another girl from the study group home. I told him that he didn't need to take me." She replied, hoping that the mention of Kang Soojin would shut him up. Not only did her father want to please Suho's father, but he was also very fond of Kang Soojin's father. They already had a tight business deal going so they didn't need to meet as often as Lee Jooheon.

"Who was the boy that took you home?" He asked, more so demanded.

"Yes, I'm quite curious myself..." Hyeji added, causing Yeona to internally plot her demise.