𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

warning: bullying is shown in this chapter! this specific incident happened in the drama as well.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

As both teens entered the apartment, they were immediately swarmed by both of their fathers' assistants.

Yeona was grabbed by Choi Hyeji, her father's assistant who she absolutely did not like, "Come on, we only have twenty minutes to fix you." She said, pushing Yeona into the guest bedroom and closing the door, leaving the girl alone.

Yeona glared at the door, "Aish, what a demanding..." She muttered, trailing off, annoyance coursing through her.

She turned to look at the outfit hanging up, sighing in relief when she saw that there was a dark green plaid dress that had a wide v cut out on the front and back, and a white top was laid next to it. The white top her assistant had picked out was seemingly high-necked and she blessed whatever god had brought her such luck. There were a pair of black tights that seemed to go with it and a pair of dark green heels that matched the dress.

She quickly changed into the set outfit, adjusting the clothing in the mirror. She made sure her neck was covered and smiled in satisfaction.

At least her assistant was smart enough to pick something cute.

She heard banging on the door, "Yeona! Hurry up! You have fifteen minutes left!" Yeona thought about staying in there for another two minutes just to spite her but knew that the assistant would bust down the door if need be, so she slowly walked over and unlocked the door, opening it to reveal a mildly annoyed woman.

"Doesn't look too bad..." Hyeji ruffled her hair a bit, "That's not too bad either... Okay, here-" She shoved a couple of pieces of jewelry into Yeona's hands, "-put this on." She stated, ushering Yeona to the mirror. Said girl started putting on the no doubt expensive necklace on, moving on to the rings and then the earrings.

Hyeji was just about to walk out before stopping and turning on her heel, "Oh, and do not embarrass your father tonight. I know that you're super close with Lee Suho and his father-" Yeona internally laughed at the latter, "But that doesn't mean you can act casual around them. Be respectful and speak formally, even to Lee Suho. If you embarrass your father, I won't hesitate to-" She was cut off by her phone ringtone blaring, causing her to rush off.

"You won't hesitate to do what, you stupid-" She muttered in distaste, getting cut off by a deep, commanding voice.

"I wouldn't speak ill of your elders."

Yeona froze in her spot in front of the mirror, her hands falling from the second earring that she had thankfully been successful in putting in before her father interrupted her. She turned to face him, bowing slightly.

"If you embarrass me tonight, I won't be very happy." His stern voice caused a shiver to run down Yeona's spine, "You know what will happen if you are disrespectful in any way, correct?"

Yeona swallowed, nodding in confirmation.

"Speak up when I talk to you." He demanded in a raised voice, making Yeona flinch slightly.

"Yes, father." She replied quietly, eyes still not meeting him. She was mindlessly squeezing her hands into fists, the feeling of her nails digging into her palm bringing her a sense of comfort.

"Look at me and speak louder."

Yeona gulped and looked up to meet his eyes, raising the volume of her voice, "Yes, father." She repeated, praying it would make him leave.