Chapter 8

The soft mush of the grass between my shoes sounded as I took each step. My hand was linked with Harry's as we walked through the meadow reaching the chapel where Lucas and Penny were housed. Separate rooms of course. It was hard to believe that my brother was getting married to the girl he fell in love with years and years ago.

        Harry's thumb ran over the surface of my hand. I looked up at him, a smile making its way to my lips. I knew he was thinking of our own wedding. The one that took place only a matter of weeks following mine and Harry's. I was wearing the pale pink dress that I was assigned to wear as I was a bridesmaid, Harry was clad in a stunningly handsome tuxedo.

        My brother decided to have Harry as one of his groomsmen since Harry chose him to be a part of our wedding. Plus, Harry kept blabbering on about how it doesn't happen very often that he gets to walk down the aisle twice with his wife.

        "At least for our wedding the rain dried up," Harry noted, looking at his wet shoes, spots of mud sticking to them. I gave him a look as I pulled the skirt of my dress up higher to show off my wet, and muddy feet. He stifled a laugh.

        "You don't have to bathe your feet," I said smacking his arm. He rubbed his arm, a smile on his face.

        We walked into the back of the church, familiar faces running left and right as they prepped for the wedding. I saw my mum talking animatedly with Penny's mother who already had tears marking her cheeks. I felt Harry's hand press against my lower back, his hand cool to the touch.

        "Hi mum," I greeted walking up to her. She grinned upon hearing my voice. Mum opened her arms to greet me with a hug. As soon as we broke from the hug, she pulled Harry into a hug as well.

        "Hello," he laughed, not expecting the hug.

        "You're family," she tut. "I'm going to hug you as I damn well please. Even if you are the king!"

        "Fair enough," he chuckled.

        "The boys are over there in that room. Go keep Michael company," she whispered to Harry. "He's lonely."

        "Make sure Emerald isn't harassed," he chuckled pulling me in to give me a quick peck on the lips. "Love you."

        "Love you too," I murmured as he walked away to the room my mum just indicated.

        "My Penny is marrying into royalty," Penny's mother said.

        "Marrying into the married into royalty," Mum said bobbing her head. Her eyebrows crinkled as she went over the words in her own head. "Never mind, that made no sense." 

        "I just met the king," she gasped. "Has Penny met him before?"

        "Yes," I nodded. "She attended our wedding a few weeks back."

        "Oh!" her mother wept. "She's growing up so fast!"

        "Soon enough you'll be hav—"

        "Mother," I said with wide eyes. "She's already crying, be kind. Penny's going to be the happiest person alive. I know Lucas, he'll make her very happy, and he's got a good heart."

        "Oh I know," her mother waved. "I'm just being overly emotional. My baby girl is leaving me. Soon enough she'll be having babies of her own."

        "I'm waiting for two of my other children to be pregnant," she said eying me. I rolled my eyes at my mother. "Just saying. I'm not getting any younger here."