Chapter 19

The summer was nearing an end, only about a month left. Harry had been busy readying all the details and information ahead of the October visit to the Gaelic lands. I was busy preparing the summer festival Harry decided we do. I was excited to be able to do some work around the palace.

I walked fluidly around the ball room, my eyes looking over the tables that were set up with ideas of what goes where. All colors, and various shades, of the rainbow decorated the ballroom as we chose the colors of the summer festival. The festival of Ula was already purple and gold, but I wanted something more exciting. I was thinking yellows, pinks, baby blues. Just bright colors.

"What about this, Your Majesty?" One of the maids asked, holding up orange, pink, and yellow flowers. "This reminds me of summer."

I made long strides across the floor towards the blond maid. I took hold of the colorful flowers and brought them to my nose, the fresh scent tickling my nostrils. I pulled them away from my face, no doubt looking like a fool, and gave her a gentle smile.

"I think this is perfect," I said taking one of her dainty hands in mine. "What is your name?"

"Anna, Your Majesty."

"Anna," I smiled. "You will be working alongside me for the remainder of the planning. You seem to have a wonderful eye for these types of things. I'm happy to have you helping."

"Thank you, Your Majesty," she said as she bent down in a curtsy.

I walked around with Anna by my side discussing the kinds of things I wanted for the festival. The others were packing up the other options, but were still here to help in any way they can. I told them the kinds of food I wanted, both indoors and outdoors. I wanted to make this a fun day, and they all certainly agreed with me.

I wasn't paying attention, but I heard chairs be pushed collectively as people stood from their seats. I saw Harry walking in, his hands folded together as he made his way across the room, a boyish, lopsided smile on his lips.

I met him halfway, and he leaned to me, his lips quickly settling against mine in a welcoming kiss. I smiled at him, my hand resting against his upper arm. His hand rested on the curve of my waist, as he stared into my eyes, the sunlight glimmering against them making them ever so vibrant.

"How is everything going here?" he asked. "Do I need to send for my mum?"

"No, I've got everything covered," I smiled. "Anna, one of the maids is helping me first hand."

"I always thought it would be Trish or Doniya," he laughed.

"Oh no," I shook my head. "They don't need to be on my every beck and call. But speaking of the Malik's, where is Waliyha? I do need her to make some calls for me."

"I'll send for her in a minute," Harry promised. "I do need to speak with you about something urgent. I got a letter this morning and I need to discuss it with you."

"Of course," I nodded, turning to Anna. "Anna, I'll be right back. I'll be sending my secretary Waliyha down to talk with you. Please give her the telephone numbers and the items we would like from those vendors. Thank you."

"Yes Your Majesty," she nodded with a kind smile on her face. I felt Harry's hand cover mine, his fingers lacing between mine. He pulled me out of the ballroom, leading me to his office.

When we got in, he dismissed Waters to retrieve Waliyha and send her to the ballroom to talk with Anna. Harry came back in and sat at his desk, across from me. I played with the hem of my knee length dress, the memory of the last time I was in here playing in my mind.